5 Signs You Might Be Dating a “Man-Child”

Posted by on October 25, 2015 in Conscious Living, Relationships & Sex with 20 Comments

Kirsten Cowart | The Mind Unleashed

Image credit: rapgenius.com

Image credit: rapgenius.com

For one reason or another society has decided that men are below women when it comes to being responsible, clean, intelligent or having any sense or morals or ethics.  I find it horribly offensive to think that the incredible men in my life are not equal to women but that they also have the same unlimited potential that I do.

If you think what I just said is hogwash I want you to think about popular tv.  I am not talking about the conscious or even academic community, I am talking about the average American male.  I have seen countless commercials where the wife knows best and the husband is pretty much just one of the children.

I have also seen many movies and tv shows that emphasize the Homer Simpson, Fry from Futurama, or Peter Griffin from Family Guy vibe.  What is going on here?  When did it become ok or funny to treat men like they are dumb children for the amusement of others?

Related Article: Is Online Dating the Best Way to Find Love?

Now I know that we all make mistakes and it can be healthy to laugh at them, but the theme of putting men down or using humor at the expense of our powerful and gentle males is something I feel we need to change in our world.

What makes me sad is when I hear women talk about their male partners like they wouldn’t stand a chance on their own.  I am ashamed to admit that I used to be apart of this culture.  The one that has decided that in order to feel like a powerful woman I have to put men down.  I decided a while ago that I am done with that behavior and I am calling on women everywhere to step up, expect the best from your male partners and empower them to show you their true limitless potential.

It is only through working together that we can heal this world and make it a better place.  So here are 5 signs that you may be dating a “man child” and it is time that you honor the god within him and expect better.  Love him in a way that makes him want to show you his very best or use this as a sign that it is time to move on.

If you are a man reading this article and you resonate with any of these 5 signs it is time for you to step up and show this world that you are a powerful being by redefining what it means to be a unique, gentle, sensitive and powerful male.

Related Article: For the Men: 9 Ways to Be a Masterful Lover

1. You Have To “Pick Up” After Him:

Another more serious sign in this section is if you find that you are picking up his unpaid debts, covering his side of meals when he has already agreed to pay, or picking out birthday or holiday presents for his family.  These are things he should be handling himself.  When you do it for him you are setting him up for failure.  I’m not saying don’t help him out but if you are doing it the majority of the time then this is another sign.First of all, if you have already been doing this then you need to stop.  You are enabling a co-dependency that is already out of hand.  If you have had to regularly pick up his clothes, dishes, or food around your or his living space in order to be comfortable then this is a sign.

The last area of picking up after him is emotionally.  If you bail him out when he has issues at work, with his family or his friends and take the responsibility off of his shoulders you aren’t helping anyone.  Making excuses for his poor choices and cleaning up his social and emotional messes doesn’t allow him to grow or learn from them.  This is one of those cases when we think we are helping him but truly we are not.

2. Talk of Commitment or Children Brings Panic To His Eyes:

Slow and steady wins the race, so if you have been together for a while and panic comes to him whenever you talk about the future this is a sign.  We should always be able to talk about the future in a calm responsible way and express concerns.

When you are dating someone talking about commitment and your future desires is a way to evaluate whether or not you are a good match for each other.  If you cannot talk about shared life goals then you may not have any.  Panic, anger, avoidance, deflection are all warning signs and you may need to have a heart to heart with him.

READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE

1. 332568673448330@facebook.com' Kitty Tyler says:

anyone like this post as much as i like ? <3

2. 1204256299593210@facebook.com' Simply Teens says:

No One liked my page Hi I am jennifer I am 22 years old I live in USA I love making new friends please Follow me I will Follow you Back and inbox You I promise

3. 193245581009415@facebook.com' Tatiana Granchi says:

?????

4. 10201387407042426@facebook.com' Jonathan Noa says:

The average American male is not as responsible as women????? Sexist much?

5. 846414435380494@facebook.com' Revolution de Mind says:

Who else thinks this is cool

6. 1073042246041312@facebook.com' Desiree Tobias says:

????

7. 10206970389050344@facebook.com' Chris Leon says:

In a culture where men have been emasculated and the father has been driven out of the home, what did you expect? The sad part is that many of the recent mass school shootings the young perpetrators share these qualities.

8. 1488778634775364@facebook.com' James Kayeja says:

Conscious Life News …
    Which 5 signs are you on about .. What do you mean dating a “Man Child ” .. How could you possibly say a word dating and using a word child .. How could you date a child .. What is this you are saying .. How would one date a child for God’s sake .. ?? ..
    Would you explain how an adult would be dating a child … Is this decent language .. To say .. If you are a man .. That it’s time step up .. To show you are a powerful being redefining what it means to be a unique, gentle,sensitive and powerful male .. That you would date a child .. This is wrong .. No body is allowed to date a child .. I think you don’t need to post things like this .. Saying that if you have 5 signs then you are dating a child .. How sick could this be ..??.. It is sick writing and posting an item that is vile and evil like saying a thing like that .. This is evil .. Saying dating a child .. This is unacceptable to me .. You are misleading us punters when you put posters like this .. You are supposed to put decent posts .. Why would you post an evil thing like this … ?? .. Conscious news you are not right to put words like dating a child .. It is out of order to put words involving dating and child.. I completely disagree with your poster and your five signs .. It is evil to you ..to me ..to her ..to him ..to all people to let them read a dating associating it with a child .. It is criminal .. It’s evil .. It’s not a civil language .. It is indecent to put a post such as this one …
    Thank you for sharing but no thanks …
    Thank you for a permit to do this comment on dating and a child .. I don’t agree with it ..it’s immoral .. It’s ugly .. It’s indecent exposure .. It’s not good to read a thing like that .. Fb should discourage such posts .. To me .. It’s evil to post these items …
    I disagree .. Not Cool .. Not Civil .. No nothing .. It’s a negativity post .. It’s not helping .. It’s indecent to post this kind of posters …
    Thanks Editors …… James Kayeja …

9. 10204615720501800@facebook.com' Lacy Marie says:

Hahaha Melissa L. Dowler

10. 489963117847871@facebook.com' Clive Powers says:

This is good. Naturally, both sexes are capable of this behavior. I see a little bit of me, a little bit of some others. But I value this insight. Way to be a mirror.

11. 1059888677368046@facebook.com' Sean Williams says:

What a shitload of fuck

12. 10206346054302891@facebook.com' Keira Colpitts says:

Anna Morgan you should show you know who. It’s not from Google though…don’t tell him that part ?

13. 10203875072156693@facebook.com' Sheron Shera Love says:

Interesting read.

14. 10153789662139548@facebook.com' Becky Chan says:

Starts with bad upbringing

15. 10153683178194188@facebook.com' Ruairidh Crichton says:

I say stop putting people in boxes.save that for after they are dead!

16. 10100268689576565@facebook.com' Cristal Colinique says:

Darius Jackson?

17. 10206781992967543@facebook.com' Jill Buckton says:

Amy Reeves

18. 1062600610427177@facebook.com' Anastacia Odonnell says:

I’ve been through this I have a tendency to mother sadly I’m learning to stop now & moving on!

19. 10154779367547524@facebook.com' Rita Laudi says:

where have all the real men gone!