Benefits of Ashwagandha: Promoting Sexual Health and Immune Booster

Posted by on October 8, 2017 in Healing & Natural Remedies, Health, Prevention with 76 Comments
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
ashwagandha root

ashwagandha root

(By Elizabeth Renter | Natural Society )

Native to North Africa, India, and the Middle East, ashwagandha is a staple of the Hindu traditional medicine called Ayurveda. This herb, also known as Withania Somnifera or Indian Ginseng (though it is not related to ginseng), is known to pack a healing punch and to have significant restorative properties. Although the benefits of ashwagandha are lesser known, that doesn’t make the plant any less powerful.

Benefits of Ashwagandha

While this short and stout plant has a variety of benefits, the most widely recognized benefit of ashwagandha is its ability to boost the immune system. In fact, several studies have reportedly shown it to greatly boost the immune system, increasing white blood cell production, helping to ward off illness and disease. It’s these benefits that make it a go-to choice in Indian herbal medicine for people in recovery who are looking to rebuild their internal system after illness.

But, immune-system benefits are far from the only perks of this plant. In addition, it is said to impact sexual health—increasing fertility and even sperm count. It has also been traditionally used as an aphrodisiac. However, the roots may actually decrease fertility for women, so be forewarned.

For wound care, the leaves of the plant are said to provide a healing poultice. In addition, the roots have antifungal and antibacterial properties—good for warding off infection.

The benefits of ashwagandha are many; in addition to promoting fertility, aiding in wound care, and boosting the immune system, some other benefits are:

• Diuretic
  • Sleep aid
  • Galactogogue
  • Anti-epileptic
  • Anti-tumor
  • Pain relief
  • Eye health
  • Heart tonic
  • Lowers cholesterol
  • Regulates blood sugar
  • Reduces depression and anxiety
  • Combats stress
  • Fights cognitive decline due to brain cell degeneration

How does one plant do all this? Observing the health benefits of thyme and health benefits of ginger – two other gifts from nature – it is easy to see how natural foods offer so much. On the note of the health benefits of ashwagandha, scientists aren’t quite sure what gives the plant it’s powerful punch, but they know the benefits are there. The plant is even labeled a “adaptogen”; this means aswagandha adapts to fit certain health needs within the body—it finds what’s wrong and attempts to fix it. Other studies indicate it derives many of its benefits from antioxidant properties. But even without knowing the “how” of ashwagandha’s benefits, we know it works, and has been working for centuries.

As with any herbal treatment, do your research before beginning supplementation. Plants are powerful substances and could still have some negative effects, despite being safer than many man-made solutions.

Additional Sources:

Chopra.com

HerbWisdom

GreenMedInfo

Tags: , ,

1. venus20@rediffmail.com' Pramod says:

I have been recently diagnosed as Diabetic(Fasting 155/PP 240) at 64 Years of age. I am taking allopathic medicine. Can I take ashwagandha Capsule 500 Mg? If yes, what benefits can I expect

2. Raman@Slaich.com' Raman says:

Hi Mr. Pramod

I think you will get this detail at Ram Dev Centre or any ayurvedic health point.

Good Health!! Keep Smiling….

3. lavanya.gurajala@gmail.com' Lavanya says:

i have fibrodesis can i use aswagandha plz give solution

4. soni44444@gmail.com' Dr. Shyamveer Singh says:

Mr. Pramod, you can take 500mg of ashwagandha capsule.
    Dr. Shyamveer singh
    District Ayurvedic Hospital
    Faridabad

5. orthomol Immun list of autoimmune diseases excuse for that I interfere … here recently but this theme is very close to me, i can help with the answer

6. r.g.gpt1974@gmail.com' ram gopal says:

my penis is so week no hardness sir i want to know witch medicine i used

7. kafeebadar@gmail.com' raju says:

I am suffring from prostatorrhea from 6 year. I am 30 and newly married. Pls help me

• bksvasista@gmail.com' Srinivas says:

My pennies not erected properly,it is very small and discharge instantly my sensual life is very miserable,Pl suggest me

8. jitu6040@gmail.com' jitender singh says:

my total cholesterol is 231 can i take ashwagandha

9. johndon2000@yahoo.com' mayur says:

i am 22 and badly suffering from anxiety and deperession how much should i take??

10. roger@valvequip.co.za' Roger Soobermoney says:

hi
    Im a diabetic,is it okay to use this product.

11. bhartbhushan326@gmail.com' bhart says:

I m sexually week

12. 52892hsn@gmail.com' Vikram says:

Its very good Medicine for Sexually weakness/ disorder, use ashwagandha chorna with milk or after taking that (After food). you will see result in 1-2 week.

13. tbdrao@gmail.com' anand says:

Hi, my mother suffering paralysis for right side she is 60 age &waight is also more so pls advice to us take the ashwganda medicines

14. vsaini2803@gmail.com' vijay kumar says:

sir , when i sex with my wife . after 30-40 sec discharge . i want to increase my sex time . which medicine i use . please tell . i m 36 year old.

• ushman1976@gmail.com' U A K says:

Sir when I sex with my wife after sometime minimum 30_33 sec.discharge I want to increase my sex time please call tell me I am 37 years old

15. Nitinbansaladv@gmail.com' Nitinbansal says:

My sex stamana is weak and when i am discharged urine than i am feeling very uncomfort because some wiping in my urine i am feel that semen is going with urine so please give solution

16. davidmoss187@gmail.com' david moss says:

I have erection problem. Can i consume aswagandha for this? Pls suggest me.

17. dsakthi1980@yahoo.com' Sakthi says:

Ayurvedic Medicine : Take Neermuli

18. bhaveshjainoffi@gmail.com' Bhavesh says:

For sexual health ashwagandha is the good option.But before you should consult a doctor before using any medicine.
    Take ashwagandha churna(Baidyanath)2 times in a day. One spoon churna in the warm milk in the morning after breakfast. And one spoon after the dinner in the warm milk.stir well and drink.
    Exercise and gym will also help you improving your mental and physical health.
    You will definately see the change in 3 weeks.Go on.

19. Ameus1@hotmail.com' Jason P says:

Two amazing herbs for erectile disfunction is Ashwagandha and maca root.

20. gmsingh_1971@rediffmail.com' Ghansi says:

21. I have very weak erection. Can i take ashwagandha to cure this? also tell me where to buy it??

22. kamakshi.varadarajan@bbraun.com' Kamini says:

45 years old Female single parent of two boys. I have lot of stress, anxiety and some sort of depression due to daunting of my past life. Sometimes I feel like committing suicide also.

Since, I have to get rid of all these issues in order to concentrate in my work and children, I seek your help to suggest me appropriate Ayurvedic medicines, which will keep me free from stress and anxiety.

23. asifzeyakhan@gmail.com' asif says:

I want to know abt aswagandha dosses. I hVe bought churan of aswagandha. Tell how to take it for increase sex life. 4 month ago I married and I think m weak in sex. Plz suggest me to improve my sex.

24. Jassmahi143@Gmail.com' sunny says:

How to improve sex power plss…send me mail or medicine name

25. dhann.singh@yahoo.com' ROSHAN says:

i want increase sexul time

26. stk.dinesh@gmail.com' S.THINESH KUMAR says:

i am suffering back pain, tension, stress and sleepless more than 10 years.
    kindly advice us best medicine for me in siddha/ayurvedic

27. ushman1976@gmail.com' U A K says:

Sir I have been trying for a baby before nine months but it does not consive all test are OK pls suggestion me age37

28. ranjeetsinghbisen@gmail.com' ranjeet singh says:

helth for
    fait

29. dev_kam@rediffmail.com' DEVENDRA says:

ONE OF MY FRIEND DEALING IN AYURVEDIC MEDICINES TOLD ME TO TAKE ASHWGANDHA TABLETS DAILY TWO TIMES MORNING AND NIGHT AFTER FOOD THEY ARE AVAILABLE IN MARKET NORMALLY WITH 750 MG.I TOOK THEM FOR THREE MONTHS A LOT IMPROVEMENT I NOTICED AND I HAVE STOPPED. ACTUALLY MY FRIEND TOD ME TO TAKE YEAR.

30. dev_kam@rediffmail.com' DEVENDRA says:

ASHWAGANDHA TABLETS DEFINITELY CONTACT AYURVEDIC DOCTORS

31. sinhmar_surender@rediffmail.com' Surender says:

ir , when i sex with my wife . after 30-40 sec discharge . i want to increase my sex time . which medicine i use . please tell . i m 40 year old

32. maheshsiru@gmail.com' mahesh says:

need to increase sex time bcoz it discharge with in 30sec. aswagantha is correct one

33. tmani.saidapet@gmail.com' T MANI says:

have been recently diagnosed as Diabetic(Fasting 110/PP 190) at 52 Years of age. I am taking allopathic medicine. Can I take ashwagandha Capsule 500 Mg? If yes, what benefits can I expect,also sexual week please advise and which medicine can use ayurvedic

34. razauddinahmad786@gmail.com' Razauddin says:

sir my penis is so weak and too small some time fall sperm contect with urine si suggest better medicine my sperm is soo weak and water colour my age 18

35. panesarbuilders@hotmail.co.uk' mandeep singh panesar says:

ReplyJ

36. hcapuya@gmail.com' BOY C. APUYA says:

I recommend to take BIOSTEMCELL GOLD it a combination of Ashwangandha,korean ginsing and Aplle Stem Cell. Very effectice

37. manojsonasar@gmail.com' manoj says:

Sir advise me that muje har weather me jukam aksher rahti h.or normally ek dam jukam lag jati h

38. sahuremo999@gmail.com' pranshu says:

Sir plzz give me a solution of my height my height is 158 cm and my age is 17

39. pardeepbeniwal9088@gmail.com' pardeep says:

I want to incrase my sex time

40. chetanddalvi@yahoo.com' KETAN says:

ashwagandha avaleha can improve to help weight gain ?

41. healthtipsdoc@gmail.com' Health Tips says:

Yes there are many health benefits of ashwagandha. Many of us don’t know this. The health benefits of ashwagandha you show is really true. Your post really Encourage people to do more sex.Thanks for your nice post.

42. sushilpandey304@gmail.com' sushil says:

Sir i workout regularly im looking forward for some aurvedic herbs which can help my muscles to grow and help to have a perfect shape in my body im already consuming ashwagandha in tge form of tablet

43. firecot@gmail.com' harshit says:

I want to increase my height

44. rudraksha94@hotmail.com' Rudraksha Singh Rajpurohit says:

Mo need to buy any capsules or powder from market there ere so many fake products available over there just buy ashwagandha roots from market and grind them @ your home and use it with luke warm milk
    You are not going to believe but aswagandha is best one ever you will com across results are awesome its a total health medicine …..

45. parthlover.vg@gmail.com' vaishali gupta says:

I want to increase my weight …..kya ashwagandha Lena sahi h…n kitna doss dena cahiye ek din me…n KB tk Lena hoga…n ya I also suffering licoria problem……so wht can I do to increase my weight…….. plz help….

46. kjjosephj@gmail.com' MANU says:

I HAVE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION. WHEN IT IS ERECTED NOW VERY DIFFICULT TO LAST LONGER AS BEFORE. I AM 28 YEARS OLD. IS IT GOOD TO CONSUME ASHWAGANDARISTAM FOR A GOOD ERECTION? KINDLY SUGGEST ME

47. hlo guys i am an ayurvedic osho Dr. i want to tell about you ashvagandha ayurvdic.it is helpfull.
    But, immune-system benefits are far
    from the only perks of this plant. In
    addition, it is said to impact sexual
    health—increasing fertility and even
    sperm count. It has also been
    traditionally used as an aphrodisiac.fertility is important during this.
    However, the roots may actually
    decrease fertility for women, so be
    forewarned. .When i was 20 my height was 5’2.i started taking ashvagandha in some days i realise my height point is working but my menstural system was on heat so that was working.Now i am 23 my height is 5’6 thanks ashvagandha.

48. ram297829@gmail.com' Ramswarup says:

Hello Sir
    Anybody know about my problem please let me know.
    my wife had miscarriage baby one year ago. After that she is going very weak and looking very crush. Every part of the body is making hard pain. She is not able to do any work in my house/as a housewife. What can I do?. What are the medicines to be taken for care of the same. Please suggest me accordingly.

• vsappadi@gmail.com' Seshayyaa says:

Dear ramswaroop following special choorna and medicated oil cures your wife’s health
      1)aswacow
      2) dhuvvena oil

Contact 07658906625

49. www.shivnandan.net@gmail.com' rakesh kumar says:

I am 26 years old. My sex time is 20-30 sec.my penis is small&thin.i want to know medicine about it.

50. sssdongre@rediffmail.com' dongre says:

ashwagandha is the best medicine for anxiety and depression

51. sssdongre@rediffmail.com' dr dongre says:

Ashwagandha removes the general weakness of the body

52. satyam09x@gmail.com' satyam srivastava says:

Sir i want to increase my hight .it is benifit for me or not .or any other side effect

53. Felixjude23@gmail.com' Mathan says:

Am 47 diabetic male, taking insulin twice a day, is it possible to get best results in sex with my wife

54. sufib35@gmail.com' sufi says:

What is side effects in dis when we have a tab

55. roushanarabegum25@gmail.com' korim says:

Sir my sexual stamina is low plz suggest me.I want to increase my sex time