Reiki – What It Is and Isn’t

Reiki

Reiki is a healing modality that is passed down from teacher to student through verbal and energetic lineage. There are 3 steps to learning how to facilitate the flow of the universal healing energy. There are a few misconceptions of what exactly Reiki is as a healing modality and what it isn’t. Reiki is a soft, gentle and light-filled healing modality that everyone can benefit from. I often recommend a treatment as a follow up to my spiritual counseling sessions. Many people haven’t heard or know what Reiki is.

A typical treatment is done on a massage table. The client is encouraged to lie down and relax on the table. The practitioner then will run healing energy (Reiki) through different hand positions over the client. The energy (light) goes to wherever the client needs the healing.
The transference of energy is spiritual, emotional, mental and physical in nature.
I often will implement crystals, aromatherapy, a guided visual meditation, and or drumming during the session.
What You May Experience During of After a Reiki Treatment
  • Feeling less stressed
  • Pain alleviated
  • Closer spiritual connection to source
  • An alignment of the chakras
  • Release of emotional trauma
  • Healing of wounds, disease and discomfort
  • Better nighttime sleep
  • Less anxiety
  • Increased intuition
  • The ability to solve problems more easily
  • Mental clarity
What It Is
  • A gentle healing modality
  • An energetic transmission of the universal healing energy
  • The Universal Life Force Energy
  • Relaxing
  • An alternative method to healing that may be implemented with traditional types of healing
What It Isn’t
  • A guarantee to fix all of your ailments
  • An expensive healing modality – sessions typically will run $50 – $100 per session depending on the duration of the session
  • A psychic reading
  • Silly new age mumbo jumbo
  • A session is not an attunement. Attunements (Reiki symbols placed in the aura) are given during a training
  • Harmful or depletes the energy of the giver and receiver
  • A massage therapy session
Everyone benefits from a Reiki session. I recommend scheduling treatments monthly or as is needed depending on your mental, emotional, physical and or spiritual needs.
Blessings and Light,
Laurie
Laurie Barraco

Laurie Barraco

Laurie Barraco is a professional intuitive counselor, medium, author, recording artist, teacher and the owner of The Mystical Moon, a healing center in Fort Myers, Florida. Laurie offers readings, courses and healing products through The Mystical Moon Online Store. You can connect with her at The Mystical Moon Facebook Page.

Click here for articles written by Laurie

Tags: , , , , ,

1. 1127861550580300@facebook.com' Stavroula Evangelou A says:

!

2. barbphen60@aol.com' Steven Narbonne says:

Reiki works. What more needs to be said?

3. 541897525971016@facebook.com' Natascha Smet says:

my first experience was really strong and emotional, but also beautiful. now many years later i can tell you it changed my life…

4. 1045223398863747@facebook.com' Robert Mroczka says:

My Mom is a Reiki master… I dont give much credence to it, however she enjoys it so who am I to say

5. 10154578725942926@facebook.com' James Dunham says:

Rhiannon Louise

6. 968938413181242@facebook.com' Pinku Dhaliwal says:

Amazing ??❤️

7. 10153481755214716@facebook.com' Mandi Carrasco says:

Cranio Sacral treatments are even better ??

8. 853003463504@facebook.com' Yolanda Lewis says:

Changed my life!

9. 154386284928385@facebook.com' Twin Flame says:

I am a Reiki Master. It changed my life and gave me the hope that no matter what happens, I have the tools to make it better. :):):)

10. 10153183742586377@facebook.com' Myreene Tobin says:

I have had several Reiki treatments and have been absolutely amazed! I have taken Reiki 1 and 2 as well.

11. 1135065409861231@facebook.com' Jeremy Johnson says:

One of my best friends gave me a treatment and it changed me in such a positive way I can’t thank him enough. I honestly feel more alive???

12. 911439935642911@facebook.com' Victoria Baugh says:

Wonderful stuff – a definite must before and after any surgery

13. 780836585355848@facebook.com' Ross Malaney says:

Barry Hamilton

14. rgvwqzaj@gmail.com' NHL HUT coins says:

Especially informative… looking forward to returning
    NHL HUT coins http://youbeach.it/blogs/post/16818

15. reikicursoscontato@gmail.com' Reiki Cursos says:

Whoever goes through the experience of Reiki, receiving this wonderful energy, knows that this therapy has power not only to relieve suffering but to prevent illness and improve the quality of life as a whole. Gratitude!

FAIR USE NOTICE. Many of the stories on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental issues, human rights, economic and political democracy, and issues of social justice. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law which contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use'...you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.