Vehicle Identification Numbers are assigned to vehicles by the Government for identification purposes. The number is permanent and comes in handy while making sales bill, repair invoices and for vehicle registration.
How does the VIN etching process work?
In the VIN etching process, chemicals are used to permanently etch the numbers on glass, in the case of vehicle on its windows and windshield. The entire process takes less than 10 minutes and does not in any way affect the appearance of your vehicle.
A lot of customers are confused about whether it is necessary to VIN etch their vehicles. Down below are the reasons why VIN etching your vehicle is necessary–
- Does not attract theft – Vehicle thieves disassemble the vehicle and try to sell off the removable parts as quickly as possible. Vehicles with VIN etching on their windows, windshields and other removable parts are least attractive to burglars because they will have to spend extra cash in taking off the etched parts from the vehicles. So a VIN etched vehicle has the least possibility of getting stolen.
- Allows for quick identification of vehicles – the rate of recovery of a stolen vehicle is greater if the VIN number is etched on the windows. Etched VIN numbers leads to quick identification of stolen vehicles and increase the recovery rate by 85 percent.
- It is greatly encouraged by Insurance companies and law enforcement authorities – Insurance companies have so much faith on VIN etching that they offer attractive discounts to vehicle owners if they get their vehicles etched. Law enforcement authorities also equally endorse the process as it reduces theft and in case of a theft allows speedy recovery of the vehicle.
- It is budget friendly – The entire process does not cost an arm and a leg. It can be considered as a great investment. If you aren’t very keen on shelling cash on professional etching services there are other options as well. DIY etching kits are available for lesser prices. These are hassle-free and can be done by the owner.
- It does not affect the aesthetics of the vehicle – it is an unobtrusive process and does not stand out. Only visible to the eyes exclusively looking for it. It does not take away the functionality of the windows or windshield.
VIN etching is no doubt theft repellent. And even in case, the vehicle gets stolen it will be easier for authorities to track down your car. Businesses with small or large fleet of vehicles can see this as a great investment to protect their vehicles. The discount from insurance companies is also another great reason to get your vehicles VIN etched.
In connection with this thematic you can visit web site of HeatSign, a professional dot peen and laser marking machine production company with over 10 years of experience in the engraving and laser cutting industry with lot of international certifications where among others you will find huge number of articles about laser cutting and engraving and also some that are specialized with the thematic of VIN (Vehicle Identification Number} etching and engraving, plus you can find wide range of machines they produce and you can get and even personal consultation with some of their engineers about all your needs connected with this type of technology.