Everything boils down to quality of life.
Life is for living and we can do many things to aid in making our life pleasing.
This can happen in simple moments as enjoying a beautiful sunrise or sunset, rain drops hitting a leaf, the movement of water over rocks or up onto a shore, trees swaying in the wind, a meal spent with family or friends with candlelight and good conversation. A myriad of ways exist for our enjoyment.
Within us, we have all we need. Sometimes though it’s nice to have an ally, a confident, a kindred spirit or one that just knows us and can connect on a higher level.
These allies don’t have to be humans, they can come in many forms. One such form is what some call inanimate, a rock or crystal that was formed so long ago. It may seem that change nor consciousness is apparent. Yet they are conscious! Very different than us, our physical life span is short in comparison and is always changing or being changed.
Would you like more compassion, unconditional love, forgiveness, generosity and healing in your life?
We help others by being the best version of ourself as possible. So grab a stone or look at pictures of ones and “love up” on yourself.
As we connect with a clean crystal (one discharged of negative energy) we aid not only ourselves but each other. Our consciousness attunes to the crystal and vice versa. It’s a subtle concept, yet enormous in character and potential. Our subtle nature supersedes words. It is this subtlety that heals, completes and shows our wholeness within ourself as well our union with all that is.
Many of the green crystals resonate with the fourth energy system in the body, the heart, which is the seat of emotion and intuition. Let’s focus on a few today. (You will notice I use rock and crystal interchangeably, they are one in the same.)
Mediate with them, carry them, place them, wear them; for they are endowed with consciousness. Cleanse them with the sun, moon, salt or a powerful cleansing stone. Just like we need baths, so do they. They can absorb negative energy, so it is important to discharge them every so often, dependent upon use.
My rocks, top and clockwise:
Raw Emerald, tumbled Aventurine, Raw Amazonite, Raw Calcite, Raw Unakite, Raw Aventurine, Unakite heart (tumbled by Lake Superior)
The middle stone, the heart shaped Unakite, I picked up in Ontario on the shoreline of Lake Superior. The rainbow rock beach I walked on many times is one of the reasons I began studying crystals. The raw unakite I found on my neighborhood gravel road. Unakite was named after the nearby Unaka Mountains. The rest of the crystals I discovered as I mined with my grandchildren in nearby Thermal City Goldmine.
Here is the short list of how these beautiful stones can be your ally.
- “Of all gemstones, Emerald is the purest crystalline emanation of the Green Ray, color of the heart chakra. This chakra is at the center of our physical selves and it is our center on many other levels as well. It is the wellspring of the emotions, especially love and compassion.” Robert Simmons
- A stone of courage, aiding you to move forward.
- Helps one to develop a sense of beauty, harmony and justice.
- Offers clarity, wakefulness and a broad vision
- Strengthens the heart, heals inflammation and strengthens the immune system (to name a few).
- One of the best stones to stabilize and open the heart.
- Calms the emotions, encourages a positive outlook, relieves anxiety and fear
- Assists one in embracing challenging issues. Take things in stride when dealing with heavy issues, can help with humor or a feeling of lightness when in those challenging times.
- Supports the heart and stimulates life giving energy throughout the body.
- Naisha Ahsian’s aventurine affirmation: I move forward with optimism, confidence and renewed vitality.
- Powerful heart stone helping to release toxic emotions and is an anti-anxiety meditation crystal.
- Brings joy, clarity and an understanding of universal love
- Assists in communicating higher truths and higher knowledge
- Awakens compassion
- Physically helpful in cell regeneration and healing after injury. Excellent for gout, arthritis and thyroid imbalances.
- Clears the heart chakra of stress and other types of low energy debris.
- Aids in helping one’s sense of purpose and possibility.
- Brings in fresh energy to a room, especially helpful for those affected with seasonal disorders or depression. Can help release buried emotions.
- Allows one to desire forgiveness to self and others
- Assists with the elimination organs. Helpful for the absorption of calcium as well as dissolves calcification that builds up on broken bones and joints.
- Resonates with the frequency of love, compassion and kindness.
- Helps you be in the present moment, let go of painful memories or addictive behaviors
- Super charges your spirituality.
- Comprised of red Jasper, pink Fledspar and green Epidote; it is solidly bound together and symbolizes growing together. Think of universal harmony.
- Physically supports healthy tissues: especially heart, lungs and connective tissues.
The Book of Stones, Who They Are & What They Teach, Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian; North Atlantic Books; 2015
Crystal Power, Crystal Healing, The Complete Handbook, Michael Gienger; Octopus Books, 2009
The Crystal Bible, Judy Hall; Walking Stick Press; 2003
Julia Parsell is a Certified Holistic Health Counselor with an emphasis on the intersection of science and the sacred. She writes from experiences and transformative understandings that have led her to an authentic and peaceful life. She goes by these names: mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, niece, cousin, and friend. As home educator of her three children, she also developed/ran cafes, and maintained various leadership roles within her community. Her greatest desire is to encourage others to live life fully. Her passions are family, art creation, writing, and trail blazing. She loves her life in Western North Carolina.