Video source: Deirdre Hade
Welcome to my video series “The 6 Simple Keys to Living a Spiritually Connected and Purpose Filled Life.”
In each short video I will explain one of the keys, why it is important and how to use it in your everyday life. Each key is connected, so I suggest you watch the videos in order. Once you are finished with all six videos, you will have a daily practice that will bring you calm, connection and balance.
The 6 Keys are:
- The Silent Watcher (your Observer)
- Finding your core virtue/value (your life’s purpose)
- The Present Moment
- Living in Integrity, Love and Action
- Being In Service
- Receiving Bliss
Why are these keys so important? We need these keys because we are living in rapidly changing times and life is often stressful and chaotic. Our greatest goal, our greatest desire, is to truly embody love and be connected to something greater, to know that our lives have meaning and purpose. This is fundamental to being human—the core of being a human being. To attain these goals, you need calm. You need a place where you don’t have stress. You need to feel whole when everything around you is fractured.
These energetic keys give you simple, easy and quick access points to open the gates to your inner reservoirs of strength, resilience, love and harmony. Practicing the 6 Keys will bring you health, love, and satisfaction. That is why the 6 Keys are essential to living a spiritually connected and purpose filled life right now, today.
Key 3- Living in the Present Moment
What is living in the present moment? Living in the present moment is when you're fully focused and connected to the person you're speaking to, connected to the place or the thing that’s right in front of you. You’re right here, right now, with all of yourself.
When you're living in the present moment, you are aware of your Silent Watcher; your Silent Watcher is fully engaged. You're in a neutral place observing whatever your thoughts and feelings are, without judgment. When you're in the present moment you are fully connected to your core value so that you are connecting, in truth, with the person, place or thing you're with. Your thoughts aren't wandering to the future. You're not thinking about something or someone else or thinking you should be somewhere else. You're really right here, right now.
Why live in the present moment? Because it's fun! It's bliss! It’s where the joy juice is. Living in the present moment is a gem—like a delicious meal—like dessert all at once.
Here is a short activation to live in the present moment.
- Close your eyes, become aware of your feet touching the floor, relax your shoulders, relax your face, take a deep breath and gently exhale.
- Bring your attention to your Silent Watcher, your mini me sitting on your forehead observing your thoughts, feelings and actions.
- Now bring your attention down into your belly, into the golden orb of light, into yourself sitting inside of this golden orb of light that’s holding your core value, your virtue. Now bring your attention into your heart. See in your heart a beautiful white rose with petals, petals of unfolding light. There in the center of this rose is a sapphire gem. Place yourself in the center of this gem. From this gem white light expands into the petals of light of your beautiful white rose heart. As this light expands, connecting with the Silent Watcher and the golden orb of your core value, you open up the central pillar of your consciousness in the center of your body- the present moment. There, running from the top of your head down to your feet, is a tube of white light. The staff of life. The present moment of your being.
The key to living in the present moment is at your fingertips. Now that you have been activated in the core pillar, the central pillar of your consciousness, when you become aware that your thoughts are racing forward or that you're ruminating on the past, avoiding being in the now, simply call your Silent Watcher in, connect to your core value, the golden orb, the virtue of your being, and visualize the core pillar, the central pillar of the present moment. Hold that pillar. Be aware of the heart; be aware of the flower in your heart. And now, be in the moment. It's really that simple.
When I first started using these keys, my entire life changed. It's very hard for me to give myself a lot of directions. But when I used my imagination, I discovered I could easily see my Silent Watcher. I could see the golden orb. I could see my heart as the flower. I could feel the core central pillar.
In an instant, you drop into that energy. You drop into that state of consciousness. When you do, you are living in the present moment.
About Deirdre Hade
Deirdre is a mystic, motivational speaker, author, and spiritual teacher to some of the world’s most respected spiritual teachers, including Jack Canfield and Marci Shimoff. Her celebrity clientele include world renowned fashion icon and humanitarian Donna Karan.