When you think of cold storage rooms and freezer trailers most people automatically think of food. Restaurants and businesses alike rely on these units to protect not only the food that they serve, but essentially, their livelihood. Without these things, any existing food stock would perish, and they would have to rely on constant supply of fresh food, which is no easy feat for any business.
But restauranteurs aren’t the only ones to rely on these refrigeration devices. Hospitals and other medical centres also rely on these units. However, following the COVID-19 breakout, demand for cold storage devices has gone through the roof.
Thankfully, there are still some reliable manufacturers out there doing all they can to meet this rise in demand, helping to keep the country as healthy as can be. One of which is Ice Cool Trailers. At Ice Cool Trailers they have a range of refrigeration trailers and cold rooms available that are ideal to be used for a variety of purposes.
What are the units used for in the medical industry?
Since the start of the COVID-19 saga, all kinds of cold storage units have been utilized to carry out various tasks. While some simply store important medical supplies such as vaccines and medicines, others more lager units are used as actual testing kit refrigeration sites. Without these cold units in which to store tests, we would not have been able to complete anywhere near the level of testing that has been done.
What different types of units are available to hire?
There are a number of different cold rooms and trailers available to hire that are fit for a wide range of purposes. Here are two of the main ones:
Refrigeration and freezer cold rooms are pretty versatile and despite their size, can be installed almost anywhere, provided you have room and the necessary skills. They can be set up to run from either the mains of a generator and can be used both inside and outside. Most will have plenty of usable shelving, be equipped with suitable lighting and be lockable. The other benefit you have with these units is that often they can be dismantled to fit through any normal sized door. It then just needs to be assembled the other side.
If you’re in need of something a little less permanent, perhaps you need to transport goods from one site to another, you may want to consider hiring a fridge or freezer trailer instead. These usually come available in a variety of sizes and hook up straight to any suitable vehicle. Most will come equipped with adjustable shelving and full lighting and provide you with more than enough room to stand straight.
The Benefits of Hiring Vs The Benefits of Owning
Hiring isn’t for everyone. Some people would much rather pay out one lump sum to begin with and then have the peace of mind in knowing they don’t ever need to make another payment unless something goes wrong. However, not everyone has the luxury of being able to pay a large chunk all at once, in which case hiring is a necessity.
There are many benefits to be seen from hiring including the following:
- No big outlay. While you still have the hire costs to consider, there is no massive outlay to worry about.
- Repairs are taken care of. Unlike when you own your own trailer, when something goes amiss with a hired trailer you simply get the company you’re hiring from to repair it – free of charge. One less expense to worry about there too.
- Peace of mind. The other thing that’s nice about hiring is that it gives you peace of mind that you’re using safe and up-to-date equipment that’s fully compliant with the relevant regulations. The company is insured, meaning you are insured. Everyone’s a winner.
- Fast availability. Emergencies arise and sometimes you need to act fast. If your existing cold store unit goes down or an emergency situation like the current pandemic should arise, it’s much easier to get your hands on a hired trailer. There’s less cash to find and you can be sure that it will be in good working order.
- Efficient use. Hiring a sold room or trailer for a specified amount of time also means you’re only ever pay for the time you need. If for instance you pay thousands for a brand new trailer and only use it once a year, it’s going to take quite some time to get a return on your investment. But if using it daily, 365 days a year, your savings will soon add up.