By Aly Walansky | Thought Catalog
Whether you are in a hot new relationship or have been together for a long time, sex tends to be a “when the lights go out” thing — but I maintain — and hope to convince you—that starting the day “with a bang” is the best way to go.
Deciding whether you should try and get it on early in the morning might be a tough call. After all, not many people feel sexy in the morning. Morning breath! Enough said.
Related Article: Here’s How Much Sex You Should Be Having for Optimal Happiness
Well, it turns out you probably should go the extra mile to do all these things then have fun. Why?
For one, if your man prefers to get in on in the morning, and according to research he totally does, then switching things up would make things more exciting. Also, you’ll benefit from getting it on in the morning, from being able to skip the gym (hey, it’s a workout) to playing a part in saving the environment.
Are you not totally sold on the idea yet? Then it’s time to go through these 10 reasons why you should have sex bright and early. Good morning to you.
1. You can continue the dream. If you had a super dirty dream that your alarm clock interrupts, this is a way to “finish it off” (so to speak).
2. You can skip the gym! It’s a morning workout, this means you can totally skip the gym—complete with the endorphins and rosy cheek flush (i.e. makes you prettier).
Related Article: Men: Here Are 3 Sexercises She’ll Thank You For
Related, that blood circulation increase and estrogen boost is even awesome for your hair and skin. Who needs a spa when you have this sort of morning glory?
3. You’re saving the environment. We all love planet Earth and want it to stick around, right? You can do your small part to save the environment.
In the morning, you’ll likely only have time for a quickie. You can combine morning sex with SHOWER SEX (another favorite of mine)—and take a shower together. Save water and time and conserve the environment.
4. It’s good for your health. Dr. Oz is like, the smartest doctor ever and he says the best time of day for an orgasm is the morning!
5. Lets you start your day in a good mood. That’s good for work productivity and even having a good day. Just ponder all those days you’ve woken up on the wrong side of bed (so to speak) and how much better that day could have been had you started it right.
Morning sex not only ensures that you get up on the right side of the bed, but the increase in oxytocin levels keeps you and your partner bonded throughout the day while the endorphins boost your mood, says Astroglide’s Resident Sexologist, Dr. Jess.