Indigo Children, Who Are They and How Can We Support Them?
Many parents have heard the term Indigo used to describe their children. There are a few different approaches that parents, family and friends can use to identify, understand, and help support Indigo Children. It is also quite possible that a few parents may be Indigos themselves. The Indigos are here to help raise the consciousness of our planet and to help us change the old paradigms and implement new ones. At times it may be difficult to relate to them and vice versa but we can coexist beautifully if we understand a little bit more about them.
What Is An Indigo?
An Indigo person is born on the Indigo Ray vibration with specific personality traits, interests, perspectives and energetic sensitivities. We started to see an influx of Indigos being born in the 1980’s. Yes, there have most certainly been Indigos that have been born before 1980 such as Albert Einstein and Karl Jung.
Related Article: Indigo Children, Who Are They and How Can We Support Them?
You or Your Child Might Be An Indigo If:
- They have strong empathic abilities and are sensitive to harsh environments and people
- Have difficulty with routine or following directions
- Possess the ability to see through dishonesty and deception
- Is highly intuitive
- Sees aura colors around people and objects
- May be diagnosed as dyslexic or ADHD
- Has the uncanny ability to predict future events
- Can be overconfident and or has a very strong sense of self-worth
- Is often passionate about charity, and environmental awareness
- Often has a short temper and sometimes is unable to express their fears and anxieties in a healthy manner
Now that we have identified the characteristics of an Indigo there are different approaches that we can take to help nurture them so that we are able to understand and connect with them on a deeper level while supporting them on their path as well as not completely disconnecting with them.
How To Support Indigo Children
- Patience – By being patient and remembering that we may be dealing with two different thought processes and that Indigos have strong wills, we will not make progress when we try to out-will them
- Schedule regular Reiki sessions for them because energy healing will do wonders for their mind, body and spirit
- A regular smudging with sage and or bathing with epson or kosher salt will help keep their auric field strong and healthy
- Having them wear or carry grounding crystals such as hematite, tiger’s eye, or black tourmaline will help ground them and keep outside environmental influences at bay
- Teach them how to put themselves in an energetic bubble when they are in large crowds, this will help them feel secure
- Encouraging them to keep a regular meditation practice will help them to decompress and be more in touch with their inner power
- Avoid food additives, preservatives and food coloring will help their moods and help them stay focused and grounded
- Spending time outside in nature works wonders for Indigos
Related Article: Are You or Your Kid an “Indigo Child”? Here Are the Signs
Being an Indigo is a challenge but also a blessing as well. They are bright, funny and help us think outside of the box and encourage us to let go of old programming that may not serve us as a collective for our future as a conscious collective. There is a lot we can learn from them if we can meet them halfway.
Laurie Barraco is a professional intuitive counselor, medium, author, recording artist, teacher and the owner of The Mystical Moon, a healing center in Fort Myers, Florida. Laurie offers readings, courses and healing products through The Mystical Moon Online Store. You can connect with her at The Mystical Moon Facebook Page.