The most profitable, cynical and sophisticated plans are aimed at deceiving lonely people on dating sites or those who are tired of loneliness. Scammers play on the most vulnerable human feeling – on trust.
How does everything look like?
Look at this example: many men and women want to find a foreigner. When a cute message from some John from Nebraska or Bella from Rome appears on the screen, your heart can melt by itself. After numerous letters like “Hello, my sweetheart! I like you so much,” you are ready to believe any compassionate story. He/she lives in America or any country of civilized Europe. A spouse died 3-5 years ago in an accident or from cancer. Now he/she has a son or daughter of 12-15 years old who lacks a mother/father. The person is looking for an understanding woman/man and wants more children.
With the next letter, the scammer gives you exotic compliments, talks about attraction and feelings, about how he/she wants to meet and be with you, wants to know more about you. Such correspondence can last long enough until he/she feels that you fall in love.
By the way, you can be sure that you will not run into jump4love scam because its moderators carefully monitor scammers on the site.
What is their image?
- An American woman from Boston with Italian roots who wants to be happy.
- Jess from Stockholm, a dentist by profession. She has been living and working in America for 12 years, earns well and doesn’t need anything;
- A doctor from Germany who wants to find a soulmate but doesn’t have enough time on searching.
This is just a small part of the examples. They will tell you fairytales after your positive answer.
Divorced and single people are ready to believe in it, forgetting about caution. They represent the most attacked segment of attackers. Moreover, there are cases when victims transferred money to the scammers in thousands of dollars, while selling an apartment, drowning in loans, and borrowed from friends, refusing to believe the truth! You will say, “This can’t happen to me!” But according to statistics, in 2018, scammers earned $82 million!
Scams on dating sites with foreigners are amazing in scale. A scammer is persistent in correspondence, intelligent, and beautiful. Such a person forms in the imagination of the victim an image of a carefree life together in the near future. Their letters will not allow you to come to your senses or think logically.
Examples of sweet lines
- I didn’t expect to get your answer so soon since all these dating sites are new to me;
- I am infinitely happy that I can send a gift and glad that you agreed to accept it;
- I want to hear your voice, imagine how we walk together in the park;
- I’m so lucky to get acquainted with you;
- Today I’m going to Malaysia, please provide me with a list of things that I can bring to you from there. This is a wonderful country; I will contact you tomorrow;
- From the first second, I knew that we would be together. I felt it.
In general, the behavior of such scammers is quite typical; therefore, it is not difficult to spot them. They don’t provide any specific information about themselves. It is very difficult to meet with them, and if they agree, then at the last moment, the meeting will be canceled under a plausible pretext. It is not surprising because the photograph in the scammer’s profile belongs to another person. Therefore, if a person avoids meetings even after a rather long correspondence, but at the same time, constantly talks about situations from his/her life where they can’t do without financial assistance, then in no case offer your help. First, you need to meet and make sure that these stories are real.