How To Get The Most Out of Your Energy Healing Sessions
When was your last healing session? I am talking about the type of healing session where you lied down on a massage/treatment table and received alternative healing energy from another? Can you recall the last session? Was it last week, last month or maybe you cannot even remember when. Maybe you are one of many who have never received an alternate healing treatment. Allow me to demystify energy healings and share my own thoughts on how you can get the most out of your own energy healing session.
My definition of an alternative healing treatment is when I am able to relax, let go and allow someone whom I trust with my energy field to help shift, align, release, detox and hold the space for removing energy that does not serve me anymore while bringing in a loving and nurturing vibration to replace what has been released.
There are many different healing sessions and therapies such as: Reiki, massage, cranio sacral therapy, acupuncture, Barbara Brennan’s program, EFT, Energy Medicine by Donna Eden, and Nicki Scully’s Alchemical Healing. It is impossible to name all of the different types of healing programs and therapies. I personally go back and forth between Reiki, massage, cranio sacral therapy and acupuncture. These are my own personal preferences. One modality is not greater or better than another. It all really depends upon what your mind, body, soul and spirit require at the time.
A healing session can be quite affordable yet there are some treatments that will cost you a bit more depending on how many sessions are required with that modality or the rate the practitioner charges. I do suggest that if you are interested please do take the time to research the modality to see if it resonates with you.
Often people aren’t sure what to expect or aren’t aware of what is happening in the process. Never ever be afraid to ask questions about the session and what you can expect or may expect before, during and after the treatment session.
Here are some tips and information:
- Interview the practitioner to see if you are on the same page with them, their energy, and their philosophies about healing. Don’t be afraid to quiz them.
- Shop around, check out other practitioners in the area to see what they are charging for the same session you have in mind. Typically sessions range from $75 per hour to $150 per hour.
- Be on time! Be sure to have enough time to get to your appointment so that you are not going into your session rushed.
- You may not experience a miracle let alone feel anything on your first visit however, if you feel better, more relaxed and have more peace, then the session was a success.
- Often the healing energy stays with you for the next few days and you may notice a gradual shift in your energy
- Sometimes a series of healing sessions are necessary for the modality. Ask your practitioner before you begin your treatment. You may also ask about follow-up sessions and if there is a different rate for these sessions.
- If you get a weird feeling or vibe, it is more than appropriate to cancel or end a session early. You do have this right to do so.
- If you already are a practitioner, you most certainly can trade with another practitioner as well to keep your energy up and clear as well. Healers need healing too!
- Be sure you have scheduled enough time after your session so you can ground before you head out to your car. Drinking water and holding or wearing grounding crystals such as hematite or tiger’s eye will help you get back into your body so that you can drive responsibly.
- Drink lots of water for the next few days after your session. The water will help you flush out the toxins and help you release them from your mind, body and spirit.
Laurie Barraco is a professional intuitive counselor, medium, author, recording artist, teacher and the owner of The Mystical Moon, a healing center in Fort Myers, Florida. Laurie offers readings, courses and healing products through The Mystical Moon Online Store. You can connect with her at The Mystical Moon Facebook Page.