5 Things That Can Block Your Psychic Abilities

Psychic Abilities

When it comes to developing psychic abilities, most people are focused on what they can do to enhance their psychic abilities. However, many are doing things that in fact, are slowing down the process.  There are 5 things that can block psychic abilities that many are unaware of. Simply by avoiding these 5 things, you will naturally become more psychic.

5 Things That Can Block Your Psychic Abilities

1. Ingesting toxic substances such as: cigarettes, coffee, drugs, alcohol, and sugar. These substances are often abused by people. I believe even if you use these substances in moderation you are walking a fine line between unhealthy habits and overindulgent behavior. When we give into addiction, we are allowing negative emotional attachments to possibly attach to our auric field causing us to leak energy and lower our vibrations. Never, ever go into an altered state for a reading, meditation and or healing under the influence of mind altering substances!!
  2. Participating in drama and gossip dims our vibrations. When we are talking about others in a negative way, we are harming the soul of another. This is a lower consciousness activity. By directing hurtful words towards another we are moving away from raising our consciousness by participating in words and emotions that have lower thoughtforms attached to them. Walk away from drama and gossip. Did you know that you do not have to be in the same room to hurt another soul? Words are energy, emotions are energy, they have an equal effect as being in the same room or in a different place than we are. The result is the same.
  3. Allowing the negative ego to get out of control will most certainly stop your progression as a budding intuitive. I am talking about using your psychic abilities unethically such as: spying on others – a definite NO NO, trying to use your gift to influence others out of your need for control, and trying to one-up others by showing off your psychic abilities.
  4. Not creating a safe and protected working environment for your spiritual practices such as meditation, readings and healings. If we do not clear and keep ourselves and spaces energetically clean we can leave the door open for unwanted energy to come in.
  5. Not setting boundaries and knowing your limitations is always a dangerous thing! Doing any psychic work when you are sick, tired or in a really unhealthy emotional place is going to shut down your psychic abilities instantly. It is important for us to take our psychic temperature each and every time we intend to open up ourselves psychically and be honest with ourselves and our limitations.

Developing your psychic abilities can and is fun, useful, important and a gift for each and every one of us. If you do not know where to begin, please do seek out a teacher and or mentor through researching your area or requesting a referral from a trusted acquaintance.

Blessings and Light,
Laurie

Laurie Barraco

Laurie Barraco

Laurie Barraco is a professional intuitive counselor, medium, author, recording artist, teacher and the owner of The Mystical Moon, a healing center in Fort Myers, Florida. Laurie offers readings, courses and healing products through The Mystical Moon Online Store. You can connect with her at The Mystical Moon Facebook Page.

Click here for articles written by Laurie

1. The only reason why people do not have what they want is because they are thinking more about what they don’t want than what they do want. Listen to your thoughts, and listen to the words you are saying. The law is absolute and there are no mistakes. – The Secret

• pisces@coastside.net' Frank says:

I think what you meant to say was that people don’t have what they WISH FOR because they put to much emphasis on being in a state of wanting. Wanting, after all, is a state of not having and too many people use inappropriate language in attempting to define where they are and where they are attempting to transition to.

2. Christopher P. Heller interesting

3. No@aol.com' Guru says:

“Never, ever go into an altered state for a reading, meditation and or healing under the influence of mind altering substances!!” This is a super broad and unfortunate generalization. Huachumeros and specifically Ayahuasqueros have been using psychedelic entheogenic plants for their ability to catalyze and potentiate psychic abilities for literally millennia. Dimethyltryptamine isn’t called the “spirit molecule” for nothing… DMT and other tryptamine psychedelics aren’t “drugs” though- they’re organic technology. Anyone who’s tried them at sufficient doses can tell you that much. The only people who try tryptamine psychedelics and then deny their psychic potential are people who are principally against the existence of psychic phenomena on the whole.

• anon@anon.com' Anonymous says:

Guru – You’re absolutely correct, and it’s a shame that Laurie can’t discern from the facts of what {[**_-responsible-_**] } psychedelic states can materialize psychically. As you mentioned, select groups have been using substances for almost forever, as well as certain branches of governments to get an “edge” on what is unseen in the unobservant universe that contains all the magic. Organic Technology, very to the point of what is actually taking place. Hey Laurie, why don’t you turn the page and tune out for a bit as Tim Learly used to say, maybe you’ll learn something positive! This is a great way to remind people to be very skeptical of anyone claiming to give out cold concrete psychic advice.

4. ludoplex@boxkek.com' Ludo says:

I have been hearing voices for the last four years, and they have made several pop culture references, as well as mentioning current events of which I was not aware until they prompted me to look it up. I do not believe in god(s), spirits, ghosts, angels, demons, or aliens. I also do not believe in targeted harassment as such. There is no way that anyone is following me around and using radios frequency to harass me. I have traveled on plane from Hawaii to Florida and the voices persist uninterrupted. This is not something I believe can be done easily with cellular towers or satellites as there would be no way they could relay the messages fast enough or at that elevation. I suspect they are human, and spend a lot of time watching television. If your experience is similar please contact me at ludoplex@boxkek.com so we can compare notes regarding our experiences. I am uninterested in the rantings of crazy people, so please do not poffer explanations which rely on reptilians, the illuminati, or the devil.

5. 11235Ret@hushmail.com' Matt says:

Hello
    I need a bit of advice.I have been Psychic for about 6 years now and I
    don’t know how I can turn this off. My thoughts are not private and I
    share thoughts with others. I really want this off so do you have any
    ideas I can do to turn this off me. I have tried ignoring my thoughts
    and focusing on my day to day tasks. That works a bit but I can’t turn
    it off. Any advice?

• dedrajohnson26@yahoo.com' Dedra says:

I to am bombared with visions an especially feelings that are unbearable sometimes… I used to use drugs because it was the only thing that was able to numb it all. I’ve been clean for 7 years but I have chronic anxiety so much so I can’t breath trying to block this shit out…

6. Staceyknouffsmith@hotmail.com' Stace says:

I have been taking antidepressants for years now for anxiety and primarily to stop the psychic dreams. I dream of people’s deaths, of catastrophic events and just couldn’t handle it anymore. Trying to be a normal wife, mother and teacher means I need some normalcy and those dreams were too much. Interestingly, one of my art students with anxiety started antidepressants for the sane reason…psychic dreams.

7. dedrajohnson26@yahoo.com' Dedra says:

Does anyone know how to block psychic visions I also am an empath so I get greatly affected I cannot bear it… I have so bad anxiety and my mood varies so much by whom I’m around dead or alive…I feel like I cannot live a normal like I have 4 kids life is stressful enough without having this crazy other part of my life..please help I started drinking more and more wine, just to get through the rough days… Oh man a murder took place on my street about 6 houses or so from mine..oh man it’s so bad right now for me the visions and things I’ve seen over and over and over its getting worse I’ve been feeling bad I’ve been sick to my stomach ive been having panic attacks and heart issues I feel I can focus for long on anything else… Please please how do I stop this!!!!!!

8. rklawrence59@gmail.com' lawrence says:

start by making your mind completely blank at first it may be only 30 seconds but practice makes perfect the more you practice the better you become . any thoughts you gat that aren’t yours shut down immediately in other words keep your mind clear and don’t surcumb to subliminal thoughts also watch out for the micro wave stations given to us by the chinese technology donot let your children stand in front of the micro wave the all leak and are at head level for children this is mike not rhonda we out