What You Need To Know Before Exporting Pets from Singapore

Written by on September 2, 2020 in Stuff with 0 Comments

When you are relocating from Singapore to another country, the relocation plan you need to make is different from the plan you would make had you been moving within the country. That is because it involves cross country travel that requires compliance with international travel norms by meeting the specific requirements of the country you intend to relocate. The task becomes a little more complicated if you travel with your pets because it would require complying with a different set of rules and procedures for exporting pets governed by the laws of the originating and the destination country.

Look for a pet export company

To move pets across international borders, you must avail professional pet export services offered by companies that specialize in the job. The company has expertise in handling pets safely by ensuring a comfortable animal journey when moving from one country to another. Whether it is a dog or cat or parrot or any other pet, the company knows the best ways to ensure a comfortable journey for them while complying with all countries' legal requirements.

In addition to finding a trusted pet export company, you must also be aware of the procedure of pet travel to the destination country to comply with requirements that could be as under.

Know the import requirements for pets

Every country has its own rules and regulations about importing pets, and you must know it clearly for the country of your destination. Some countries might need laboratory tests or vaccinations for pets and Veterinary Health Certification to allow pets to enter the country. To carry pets to the United States, you must ensure that the pet is in good health and vaccinated against rabies when entering the country.

Obtain AVA export license

It does not require customs export permits to allow pets to travel out from Singapore to another country. However, you must obtain an AVA export license issued by the Animal and Veterinary Services, which is part of the National Parks Board that regulates the export of live pets.  You can apply online via the AVA website to obtain the license within 30 days of leaving the country, but remember that the license's validity is also 30 days.

Fix an appointment for inspection before export

All pet owners and commercial pet exporters must check with the destination country to know if this is necessary. If required, then apply online via iFast (AVA’s Intelligent Food Approval and Safety Tracking System) before 5 days of leaving the country to request an inspection before departure. To arrange for an inspection without an appointment, you must pay a fee. The inspection must be completed at least 4 hours before departure so that there is enough time for taking the pet to the terminal.

The pet export company will make all arrangements by coordinating with the ground handling agents for physically moving the pet, boarding it on the aircraft, and then finally handing it over to you.

Tags: ,


If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Subscribe via RSS Feed Connect on YouTube

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

FAIR USE NOTICE. Many of the articles on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental issues, human rights, economic and political democracy, and issues of social justice. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law which contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use'...you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. And, if you are a copyright owner who wishes to have your content removed, let us know via the "Contact Us" link at the top of the site, and we will promptly remove it.

The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. Conscious Life News assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms.

Paid advertising on Conscious Life News may not represent the views and opinions of this website and its contributors. No endorsement of products and services advertised is either expressed or implied.
Send this to a friend