Dogs are the most loving and loyal creatures on the planet. They will protect, love, and be extremely loyal to you. Dogs are one of the most loved pet animals by humans. However, when shifting to the topic of street dogs, there’s always something that most of you hold against them or have nothing towards them. Street dogs are ill-treated and starved to death by the same humans who cuddle with a well-bred dog.
There are more than 200 million dogs that live on the streets worldwide. Street dogs are killed because of the rabies disease. Many organisations are trying to help nations to implement vaccination and spay programs. The basic aim of their project is to eradicate rabies within a typical neighbourhood. They build a good relationship between the communities and the street dogs. They try to rescue street dogs and give them a better life.
The street dogs are known as free-ranging urban dogs in scientific literature. These dogs may have been abandoned by their owners or have never been owned at all by anyone.
Dogs are skilful and highly adaptive species. As for them to live in modern cities, they must steer through the traffic prevailing in these places. These dogs have trained themselves to adapt to modern roads and automobile traffic. They stop at the red signal and cross them like they’re used to it so much. In a few countries, street dogs have been seen and observed to use bus and subways services. A kinder term for street dogs will be ‘Stray dogs’.
What can one individual do to rescue street dogs?
There are so many reasons why one should adopt street dogs.
- Street dogs are available everywhere, and you can get one in any part of the road. You can be the rescuer of innocent life by adopting one from the streets.
- They live according to the places’ condition and adapt to the weather of the place.
- They are independent and are capable of taking care of themselves.
- Their health issue is never a problem. They have a robust immune system and can never be affected by any diseases easily. They don’t have to be kept sophisticated.
- They act as a watchdog to your house. They also intimate you as soon as they sense danger.
- They are super loyal to you and never give up on you till their last breath.
- They are very intelligent. It is natural for them to have such skills as they live in the streets and have seen many things. They can also take care of themselves very well.
- Once adopted, they can be trained very easily and quickly.
Problems faced by stray dogs
- Dogs that live on the roads often run around, which leads to
- There’s no proper food for them.
- There’s no shelter for them.
- If they are affected with any disease, there’s no one to take care of It might be a potential problem for human beings also.
- It becomes a problem for the female dogs if they’re pregnant.
How can I adopt a stray dog?
Before adopting a dog, you need to check whether it belongs to anyone. Check whether the dog is healthy or not; if not, take them to the vet. Feed them properly and be friendly with them. Prepare your home for them and according to them. Set up a routine for them. Learn about them and act wisely.
You also need to give them basic training. Rescue street dogs from their miserable lives and take care of them like your own. Many people fail to recognise the good in stray dogs. They are blinded by many other things that might not even be true. A dog’s heart is fully humane. They are even better than human beings.
Adopting a stray dog will be the most wonderful and beautiful experience a person can ever have. Dogs are not about status. Dogs bring joy into your lives, so treat them with care. Rescuing a street dog and being its caretaker can benefit not only the dog’s life but also yours by giving you the serenity you need in life.