Marathon Sod is used to change the look and feel of the landscaping rapidly and increase the property's value in both domestic and industrial applications. Sod is mature grass that has been connected to the ground or another bio-degradable substance via a root system or a thin layer of material. Typical applications include the following areas:
- Golf grounds
- Lawns for companies, homes, and educational institutions
- Playgrounds or recreational fields
Advantages of Marathon SOD
· The results are immediate:
Marathon Sod that has recently been installed provides immediate results. It does not look suitable for walking on a typical lawn, but it creates the appearance of a well-maintained lawn when viewed from a distance.
· Quick setup:
When handled and put correctly, new sod typically takes only two to three weeks to grow a strong root system and become established.
· Quick erosion control:
Sod helps to maintain the soil in place on sloping or eroded surfaces.
· Timing flexibility:
Except in extreme temperatures, sod can be placed at any time during the growing season. However, sod roots develop the fastest when they are laid during the grass's peak growth phase.
· Limited or nor weeds:
Weeds are rare or non-existent in high-quality, state-certified sod. Therefore, it outcompetes early weed seeds.
· Quick turnaround:
Once the marathon sod roots have been set up, the lawn is ready for routine lawn activities such as entertaining, playing, and having pets.
How to select Marathon SOD Variety for Home
There are several factors to consider when choosing Marathon Sod for home:
- First, consider the sod's aesthetic attractiveness. Visitors and families are attracted to places that are attractive to the eye.
- Consider how much maintenance the sod will require. Choose a high-maintenance cultivar if you regularly mow, aerate, and fertilize your lawn. If you are too busy to mow, aerate, and fertilize your lawn, choose a low-maintenance sod type.
- Keep in mind the factors in your local environment that can affect plant growth. For example, is salt spray an issue if you live near the coast? Find a sod cultivar that tolerates saltiness if you live close enough to the water to experience salt spray regularly. If you do not, the grass will not grow.
- If you have a spacious backyard where your kids play games, exercise or do you have a job where you're sedentary and inactive for a long time? Select a variety that will stand up to frequent horticultural use.
- Are you living in a location where droughts are common? Or are watering bans issued frequently in your community? If this is the case, select a drought-tolerant sod cultivar that can thrive in low-water and dry circumstances.
- Do you have direct sunlight, indirect sunlight, or partial sunlight or shade at your home? For getting the best selection of sod cultivars, it is essential to know how much sunlight your house gets. Don't forget to keep in mind that while comparing sod types, it's one thing to consider.
Why to consider Marathon SOD?
You might be thinking, why should you choose only Marathon SOD for your home?
So, here are the answers:
Marathon SOD is best for a better-maintained appearance, deeper green and increased density, reduced mowing height, and finer texture. The marathon grass stays green all year long and responds well to the various climate and soil conditions. So it would be the best choice for your home!