Building a website for your business, photography, art, or writings has never been as easy as it is these days. With tens of website builders competing in the market, creating a website should not cause you as much trouble as it used to back in the day.
The good thing about website builders is that you don’t need to be a tech expert or do manual coding to make a successful website. All you need is a trustworthy website builder that will offer you all the tools you need to build and promote a website.
After reading this brief article, there is no excuse for you not to create a website for your business, art, or writing. First, we will list a few simple steps for you to follow, and after that, making a website will be a piece of cake.
Features to Look for in a Website Builder
Because there are many website builders on the market, we chose the best features to look for in a website builder to lessen your confusion about which website builder to work with.
Here are some of the most important features in a website builder:
- Easy to use: You won’t go anywhere with your website if the website builder you work with is difficult to use and navigate.
- Versatile templates: A good website builder will offer you a library of versatile templates to choose from. Templates should fit all tastes and be suitable for different website themes.
- Customization: It is important to be able to customize your website to your liking; this includes customizing layouts, templates, and images.
- Ability to delete the website: A good website builder will give you the option to delete your website if you decide that you don’t want it to be online anymore (as an example, see Several.com article How to Delete Wix Account).
- SEO and digital marketing options: For your website to rank on Google and receive traffic, it is essential for the website builder to choose to have SEO and digital marketing options like sharing your website on social media platforms.
- Low cost and free trial: The most competent website builders will offer you various plans with different prices and a free trial. This will help you decide on whether this is the website builder for you or not.
Simple Steps to Build Your Website
- Choose a Website Builder
The first step is to choose the website builder that suits you the most. Each website builder offers you various features for a fixed price. So select the website builder that fits your needs and budget.
- Create an account and sign up for a plan
After choosing the website builder, your next step is to look through the plans and select the one you feel more comfortable with. Usually, the more you pay for website builders, the more features you receive. However, some website builders offer you free versions that you can use without paying anything.
- Choose a unique domain name
Your domain name is the name of your website as it appears in the URL. For example, Facebook is the domain name of Facebook.com.
Choose something short, clear, easy to remember, and unique. It is much easier to remember a short domain name than to remember a long and complicated one.
- Pick a template
This is the part where you choose how you want your website to look. First, select a template that suits your website’s topic, then customize it however you like.
- Upload your content
Now that your website’s design is ready, you need to add valuable content to turn it into a real website. So you start adding text, images, and videos and formatting them in a way that encourages readers to come back to your website again.
- Preview and test your website
Before you get excited about publishing your website, you need to review it first.
Proofread your content and check if all the grammar is correct. Make sure that your menu is working properly. Check the speed of your website. And last but not least, check that your website works on both desktop and mobile.
- Publish your website
Congratulations! This is the moment you’ve been waiting for. After going through all the previous six steps, you can now click the publish button and share your website with the rest of the world.