The TN visa is a significant non-visa classification that is offered to Canadian and Mexican citizens. If you have a TN visa, you have a great opportunity to stay and acquire a job in the USA for a long time. This article outlines all the important things regarding acquiring a TN visa. If you have any further questions regarding getting TN visa then please feel free to contact the best immigration lawyer at iasservices.org.uk
1. What is the TN Visa?
The TN visa is a significant non-visa classification that is offered to Canadian and Mexican citizens. If you have a TN visa, you have a great opportunity to stay and acquire a job in the USA for a long time. The initial period for which you can work and live in the United States is 3 years and it can be renewed multiple times without any limitations. An immigration lawyer can help you pass through the process of acquiring a TN visa easily.
To get a TN visa, you must acquire a job in one of the professions mentioned in the requirements of the TN visa. You will also be required to give educational documents to prove your required qualification for the profession you will join. Based on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Treaty, TN stands for Trade NAFTA. TN visa offers your spouse and offspring a TD status and they might not be able to work in the USA but your children can go to school in the USA
2. Benefits of the TN visa?
i. Length of Stay
If you have a TN visa, you can stay and work in the USA for up to 3 years the first time and you can then renew your TN status multiple times without any limitation on the times you can renew it. So people having TN visas can legally live in the USA for a lot of years
ii. No Quota
There is no fixed quota of allowed TN Visa holders, if you get through the process and fulfill all the requirements, you’d be given your visa to work and stay in the U.S.
iii. Labor Certification is not required
You do not require any form of labor certification to apply for the TN visa.
iv. There is no requirement of visa for the Canadian Nationals
The policies for Canadian nationals are much more lenient as compared to Mexican immigrants.
v. Your family can enjoy immigration benefits
You’ll get to live and work in one of the best countries in the world. You’ll be able to send your children to school there, thus giving them a better quality of life.
3. What are the TN Visa Requirements?
There are 5 requirements for you to qualify for a TN visa.
- You have to be a Canadian or Mexican National
- You should have a valid job in the USA.
- The job you have obtained should be in the occupation list for the TN visa acquiring list.
- All the educational requirements of a TN visa are fulfilled
- You apply with non-immigrant Intent, for a temporary stay visa
4. Documentation required for a TN Visa
There is a great significance of the documents submitted with your application in approval of your TN visa. Most of the documents submitted by you will prove your unique identity, your fulfillment of requirements. The documents that you might need to get a TN visa are mentioned below
i. Proof that you are a Canadian or Mexican National
- Passport issued by Canadian authorities
- Passport issued by Mexican authorities
ii. Proof of your hiring from your US Employer
One of the most important documents to submit is your hiring letter from the employer who employed you in the USA.
The letter from your employer must contain the following points
- The professional responsibilities that you will be fulfilling for the organization that you will be working for.
- What sort of professional work you will be doing.
- The tenure of your job with the appointing company
- Explanation of the department of the organization in which the company will be using your expertise.
- Information regarding your educational and professional capabilities that make you eligible for the job you are being hired for.
- The clear mention about the salary or any other financial benefits that you will be receiving from the company as a result of your services to the company.
Finally, the support letter you provide to visa authorities must be printed on the letterhead of the company that hired you and is duly signed by the legitimate authority of the company.
iii. Employment Contract
The employment contract that took place between you and your employer at the time of hiring.
iv. Evidence of Your Non-Immigrant Intent
You would also need to submit a few documents as proof that you are acquiring this visa with a non-immigrant intent. The documents submitted will depict your strong bonds with your homeland.
- Papers of a property in your name in your home country.
- Foreign bank account
- Proof of responsibilities abroad
- Proof that you have a family back in your home country.
If you need any more TN visa information then you can reach out to our experienced TN visa immigration Lawyer.