How to Not Fall into the Trap of Complacency (video incl.)
“There is no stopping creative flow…
It will never cease to be.
The only limitations to creation are the ones that are self inflicted.”
To recap on page 1 and 2 (recommended) click here: 4 Minute Video Leading up to the Meaning of Life and Why Anybody Can Be Creative (video tutorial incl.)
Why We Get Scared to Move Forward
In the video below, I take a look at how we can be our worst enemies when it comes to living to our fullest potential.
Self sabotage is more common than you may think. We are beings who are scared beyond belief at our own power.
It’s true. A lot of us not only have a fear of failure but a fear of success too. It’s sometimes more comfortable to stay in the box and never have anyone (or ourselves) expect anything more of us. It’s just too much trouble to venture out and dare to be darn-right spectacular!
Maybe you fear:
- drawing too much attention to yourself (some people are taught to ‘keep it real’ or ‘play it small’)
- feeling that people will think you overly ambitious (after all, who do you think you are?)
- generally fearing what other people will say about you (read this related article:8 Tips on How to Stop Caring What Other People Think of You)
- worried you may not live up to your own expectation (how will you know if you don’t try? Isn’t it better to give it a go then to be left wondering?)
- or maybe you’re concerned about the added responsibility of success? But, truly, you came here to live a saucy life…the added responsibility is going to be a drop in the ocean compared to all the fun, thrills, escapades and blissing out you’re going to have to deal with (ah shucks, poor you!)
If you fall on your butt in the process have a good laugh and pick yourself up. There are so many avenues of adventure you can take so if one doesn’t work out, pick the next.
Watch the video…you’ll see what I mean 😉
I hope you enjoyed that. Next week I’ll be taking a look at the dangers of entropy and how you can avoid the pitfalls of degeneration.
Related article: Why You Need to Tap into Your Muchness for Self Confidence
Cherie Roe Dirksen is a self-empowerment author, multi-media artist and musician from South Africa.
To date, she has published 3 self-help and motivational books and brings out weekly inspirational blogs at her site www.cherieroedirksen.com. Get stuck into finding your passion, purpose and joy by downloading some of those books gratis when you click HERE.
Her ambition is to help you to connect with your innate gift of creativity and living the life you came here to experience by taking responsibility for your actions and becoming the co-creator of your reality. You can follow Cherie on Facebook (The Art of Empowerment — for article updates). She also has just recently launched her official art Facebook page (Cherie Roe Dirksen – for new art updates).
This video/article (How to Not Fall into the Trap of Complacency (video incl.)) was originally written and recorded for and published by Conscious Life News and is published here under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author Cherie Roe Dirksen and ConsciousLifeNews.com. It may be re-posted freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this Copyright/Creative Commons statement.