17 Tips for Creating a More Erotic Bedroom For a Hotter, More Fulfilling Love Life
We all know how important environment is to romance and passion. When we want to create a sensual mood, we go out to a fancy restaurant with subdued lighting and suggestive art. Then we go home to… well, a less enticing ambiance in our own bedroom.
I’m here to say that the passion does NOT have to die in any long term relationship, and one way to keep it fresh is to give your love life a beautiful, inviting, passion-inducing place to unfold. Whatever time you spend on making your boudoir more erotic will more than pay for itself in so many ways.
A better love life has tons of health advantages and it keeps things fresh and real between you and your partner.
So, here are some feng shui suggestions on how to make your bedroom more sexually inviting:
1. Incorporate elements of fire — the primal force of passion — with candles and oil lamps.
2. Use reds and oranges, the color of the primal masculine and feminine. Likewise, avoid the coolest colors like grey, blacks and blues. Remember, though, that you still need to sleep in this room, so using a slightly cooler tones like burgundy and rust may be preferable.
3. Put all family photos in another room. Staring at your parents, aunt Bessie, or your own kids, is NOT erotic.
4. Hang some thematic, erotic art that you choose together together. Discuss what you both like and want and find a few pieces you both love. Don’t be surprised if the choosing process leads to a zesty love-making session.
5. Use matching pairs of things, and avoid having any lonely or singular looking objects. When you have two matching sconces, two fountains, two pillows, two same style lamps, you subliminally create an atmosphere of coupling. This is especially important in the “relationship corner” of your room (far right corner of entrance — see bagua map — right).
6. Place a red object on the female nightstand. In feng shui, this is said to heighten the woman’s libido.
7. Put something copper (even if just a bowl of pennies) on the man’s nightstand. Copper is said to represent the male essence and boosts his “maleness.”
8. Avoid too much linearity in the room. Modern rooms sometimes have too any straight lines. Make sure to add rounds and curves. The masculine is linear and the feminine is curvy. Try to have both, but err more toward the feminine as women are more aware of and affected by their surroundings.
9. Get rid of clutter, papers, mundane objects. Create a habit of keeping your bedroom space clear of day-to-day stuff. Choose a different place to put all of that. When you come to your boudoir, you should feel like you can breathe, focus on each other, and leave the rest of the world outside.
10. Incorporate aromas you both like with incense or scented candles. Our sense of smell is very primal and sensual. Cleopatra was known to have used a special blend of rose, cardamom, and cinnamon to seduce Marc Anthony.
11. Have a shelf of tantric books and erotic literature that inspire and energize your room. If you need a kick-start to your love making (after a long day at work), grab a book and get inspired. It’s best to place these in the wisdom an learning corner of your room.
12. Get rid of electronics. Not only are they usually distracting and ugly (and could get turned on in place of you getting turned on), they are not good for your health or your sleep. Put them in the office or family room.
13. Electronic exception: invest in a good, but low profile, sound system for music that is sensual and inviting. Discuss what you and your partner like and find some overlap. Create a personal “sexy time” playlist on your iPod or other player. For spiritually sensual music, try the rumi-inspired music, A Gift of Love.
14. Place a ruby or garnet on or hanging over the night stand. They are very energizing, sensual stones.
15. Add a canopy or bed net. If you want to spend more time making love, then make your bed the focal point of the room by covering it with a canopy or some sort of fabric netting. There’s something so sensual about flowing, gossamer fabrics and when you cordon off the bed, it makes your world smaller and increases the intimacy between you and your partner.
16. Add live plants — especially flowering or sensual ones (orchids). They add ambiance and chi.
17. Create a love-and-sex altar for your room. This solidifies your intention to make love-making a priority and can be very inspiring. Ours is in the relationship corner of our room and it includes a running fountain that adds both chi and ambient sound as well as candles for more fiery passion (water+fire=steam). Ours also includes a lot of polarity — with objects emphasizing masculine and feminine energy.
Enjoy the process of turning your bedroom into a romantic, erotic space, and realize it is an ongoing project that is never finished. Just like your relationship, your surroundings should be continually shifting in small ways to keep it things fresh and real. Also, don’t forget to invest in a best mattress for sex to increase the quality of your sex life.
Another great way to add vavoom in the bedroom is to boost the masculine and feminine polarity between you and your partner (that is often neutralized in our modern culture) with my Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™.
Try this winning combo: the man wears the fiery, solar plexus tattoos for more grounded and directed energy, and the woman wears the receptive, sacral tattoo for more delicious, goddess energy.
Find out how men and women can better complement each other’s energy in the bed. And if you’ve fallen into an almost sexless relationship, read this article: 10 Ways to Heal a Sexless Marriage. Or if you need to do feng shui on your entire home, read this article: Feng-Shui Methods to Clear Negative Energy in the Home
Do you have an erotic bedroom idea that isn’t listed here? Or have one of these ideas added some juice to your love life? Please share in the comment section below.
Love and blessings,
Vicki Howie is an Empath, Life Coach, and Creator of Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™. She’s a Certified Master Hypnotherapist, NLP Practitioner, and Registered Yoga Teacher too. Vicki can help you tap into your personal roadmap for success – the chakras that resides within you. Grab your FREE copy of her Chakra Empowerment Course or a FREE copy of her Heart Chakra Healing Song. You can find out about Vicki’s exclusive Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ here. Love and blessings.