Why Limit Your Kids’ Screen Time? Anxiety, Depression, Eye Strain, Insomnia, ADD/ADHD, Delayed Maturity, Cancer Risk, Text Neck, Diabetes, Obesity, Digital Addiction, Infertility…
By B.N. Frank | Activist Post
Here she is May 1, 2018 on CBS.
Another documentary, Generation Zapped, addresses what cell phone and wireless WiFi radiation exposure is doing to today’s youth and everybody else.
GENERATION ZAPPED investigates the potential dangers of prolonged exposure to Radio Frequencies (RF) from wireless technology; its effects on our health and well-being, as well as the health and development of our children.
Today we encounter a hundred thousand times the level of radiation from wireless technologies than we did decades ago. Yet the safety standards set by federal regulatory agencies are outdated.
New wireless devices such as smart phones, tablets and baby monitors to the latest “Internet of Things”continue to enter the market without any proper pre-market testing or post-market monitoring.
- No “safe” level of cell phone or wireless (WiFi) radiation has yet been scientifically determined for children or pregnant women.
- 2012 research determined that cell phone and WiFi radiation can disrupt the blood-brain barrier which may cause it to leak.
- In 2016, researchers at the Mayo Clinic determined that “Sending Text Messages On Your Smartphone Changes The Rhythm Of Your Brain Waves.”
- There’s also cancer risk from exposure. Brain tumors are reportedly killing more British children than anything else.
Trying to warn the public about radiation exposure risk is nothing new. Several medical sources including Dr. Oz and The American Academy of Pediatrics have been warning about exposing kids to cell phone and wireless WiFi radiation for many years already.
On May 1, 2018 The American Academy of Pediatrics published a new video about reducing exposure.
As the documentary, Generation Zapped, points out though – it’s very difficult to limit children’s exposure in today’s world – even in public schools.
Kids spend a significant amount of time using tech in the classroom and for completing homeworkbecause we’ve been told all of this is necessary for them to get a good education.
So how do parents limit their kids’ “Screen Time” when public schools require and enable so much of it? Tech companies are even putting WiFi on school buses.
Focusing only on Dr. Twenge’s book and “Digital Addiction” won’t solve many of the issues caused or increased by new technology. It’s putting too much emphasis on personal choices and not enough on The Tech Industry aka “Big Wireless.”
Many U.S. news stations have already been covering cell phone and WiFi radiation concerns. Have yours?
For more information, contact the following organizations:
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- Clear Light Ventures
- Environmental Health Trust
- In Power Movement
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence