When It Comes to Penis Size, Is Bigger Really Better? Real Women Weigh In.

Written by on November 15, 2017 in Conscious Living, Relationships & Sex with 90 Comments
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

couple in bed
When it comes to sex and a man’s penis size, there is a long standing, general belief that bigger is better. But is it? Do women really want their partner to be larger?

Related Article: Men: These Exercises Will Help You Last Longer & Be Your Best Sexually

Here’s what Chrissy’s respondents said:

1. Meryl, 28

2. Jennifer, 28
“It doesn’t matter to me as long as it isn’t too big or too small.”

3. Ali, 22
“I don’t want to be scared of it. Average is your friend.”

4. Ashley, 26

Related Article: Men: Here’s Your No-BS Guide to Lasting Longer in Bed

5. Eve, 28
“Yes, my ex had a very short one that was thick and it did nothing for me.”

6. Alex, 28

7. Tiffany, 27

8. Lacey, 29
“It doesn’t matter as much as whether a guy is good in bed.”

Related Article: Men: 3 Insanely Powerful Sex Exercises

9. Rachel, 26

10. Amy, 26
“Not unless it’s giant or tiny. I like the happy medium ;)”

Vicki Howie is the Creator of Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ (find out what inspired her to create them here). Check out her new book “The Key to Your Chakras” here on amazon.com. Vicki is also the Creator of Chakra Love and the Chakra Life Cycle System®, as well as the Co-Editor of Conscious Life News. You can visit her website chakraboosters.com,facebook page and youtube channel for lots of free chakra info and gifts. Vicki’s biggest joy is to help you unleash your full chakra power and step into your highest potential.

Read the other 40 responses here.

1. 10153831331108336@facebook.com' Alli Marie says:

This bullshit just gave all the men with little peters life

2. 1402952466610993@facebook.com' Where there is love there is life says:

“Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.” – William Arthur Ward

3. 472013666316891@facebook.com' Kymm Dymock says:

I agree average is better. I have had the displeasure of having to hold back saying ‘aww that’s cute’ or ‘will it squeak if I squeeze it’ but the hubby is just perfect!! 🙂

4. 525567040941419@facebook.com' Sierra Fox says:

Considering the fact that women can enter into same sex relationships and be satisfied with their sex life – the hard truth of hhe matter is that penises are not as important to a relationship as they are to the man who is in possession of one!

Women are most often not able to climax with penetration alone as it is. So does a woman enjoy sex more if the guy is well endowed? It depends. On their specific situation and compatibility.

Most women aren’t as into sex as they are into intimacy, and you don’t need a penis for that.

#wordsofwisdomfromaBiWoman

5. 10207172781012146@facebook.com' Peggy Larsen says:

Big truck little dick.

6. 10208074931094328@facebook.com' Billie Jean Washburn says:

No matter the size, if they don’t know how to use it..it’s worthless. 😉

7. 1073042246041312@facebook.com' Desiree Tobias says:

I’ve been with pretty much all the different types possible except huge ones. You don’t need a big one to get off! The guy might need a huge one if the girl is a floozie though????

8. 548011828686535@facebook.com' Missy Reed says:

“These bitches are lying!!” Lmao

9. 10207950975363060@facebook.com' James P Moon says:

Size doesn’t matter,
    A woman only needs 3 1/2 inches.
    It’s called a visa.

10. 1497950273834074@facebook.com' Princess Garcia Briones says:

Its all about love

11. 1162866137064077@facebook.com' Dexter Deberry says:

The way I look at it, a woman ought to be happy she can find a real man in this lifetime, big dick or little one.

12. 10206425253462520@facebook.com' Steve Elder says:

I disagree…I consider myself normal..about 5.5 inches in length and about a 3′ girth…
    When my wife and I went to bed together for the first time..she looked at me (erect) and said…hmm…you’re kinda small, but that doesn’t make any difference. But it did. To me. Her first husband who beat the crap out her was hung like a horse from what I understand. After 10 years of her being completely silent when we have sex, I decided to get a dildo that somewhat represented her previous husband. Figured if I couldn’t satisfy her myself I would do the next best thing. OMG..talk about wake up the dead. She wanted me to push the whole thing in, even the rubber balls. I didn’t mind, really, I mean at least she was doing this with me. But it put an end to the assumption that I was doing anything for her.
    I think women that say normal is fine…are basically saying, anything is fine, just get it over with. As long as we have a good life together, the kids are good, our finances our good, we’re healthy, I’ll just let him climb on and think he just conquered Mt. Everest. It’s fine.
    We’ve been married 16 years…I’m 62 and she is 55. I don’t think most most women are being honest. They just don’t want to stir the pot. Just my opinion.

• 1082514045126056@facebook.com' Annis Qordova says:

Well sad if she compared you to her ex, that’s disrespectful in my opinion, and honestly I don’t understand why people needs to use sex toys if we have everything to have a wonderful sexual life with our partners, I mean fingers, tonge, lips etc size doesn’t matter when you know how to use it…

• 1682618588691782@facebook.com' Bilal Khan says:

Reminds me of tat joke ” A woman went to a doctor and complains tat my man shaft is so long tat it touches my liver.The doctor said ok m gonna cut some piece from it.The woman replied no no please shift my liver upwards” :p

13. 10153237573168763@facebook.com' Benjamin Jason LaMora says:

Such a weird debate… I’ve never been a versus dick measurer… But I’m pretty sure it’s relative and a passion thing… I’m 6’2″ and I sit at right around 7 two finger girth … This for smaller petite girls can be an issue… Ladies my height seem to have less pain/ pleasure… I’m not huge… I know… But relative to me VS a lot of smaller girls it’s never been an issue… And regardless if I’m small or not… The partners whom I shared a strong connection with… We had no problems in the pleasure categories…

14. 10153206662942582@facebook.com' Nicole Pratt says:

Yes, it makes a difference. I don’t want huge, or even large. But a little one is a huge turn off and disappointment.

15. 10205687524291662@facebook.com' Elliot Marcucci says:

It’s like height in basketball. Size is an added advantage but skills come first. Great skills with small size beats great size with no skills every day of the week. Now if you’ve got both, you’re gonna score easily.

16. 10206568679670250@facebook.com' Barbra Race Krueger says:

Size doesn’t matter it how it’s used that matters!!!

17. 10207943918140825@facebook.com' Suzanne Martin says:

The title of the survey says “real women weigh in” yet most of the women surveyed are 30 and under. Really?

18. 10204942828961142@facebook.com' Sandra Cravens says:

No way, bigger is not better. if they don’t have a clue how to please a woman size doesn’t matter.

19. 10205652864749452@facebook.com' Tori Burke says:

A man that knows how to use his fingers is better than any dick.

20. 1020031898031166@facebook.com' Julia Young says:

I like extra ! In size!

21. 996025517122990@facebook.com' Normy Basbas Dominguez says:

size doesn’t matter as long as husband and wife goes a long way happy forever with contentment in sex life and to their relationship

22. 10205610707328154@facebook.com' Trisha Toney says:

Dollar bill…6 inches…

23. 1069313529786772@facebook.com' Dataram Syea says:

Size does not replace the ability to enjoy love making.

24. 152511568431358@facebook.com' Dehlia Jane Cook says:

Size does matter…
    unless u have money….

25. 1069313529786772@facebook.com' Dataram Syea says:

penis size, there is a long standing, general belief that bigger is better. But is it? Do women really want their partner to be larger? I know I’ve personally never cared much about size, and it seems that I’m pretty normal. If you do just a little research, you get become aware that, in general, women don’t really care if their partner has a big penis. In fact, many even believe that a too-big dick is as much of a turn off as a too-tiny one. It seems that average is good, and both very small and really big penises aren’t very desirable. Related Article: Men: These Exercises Will Help You Last Longer & Be Your Best Sexually Unfortunately, there is no big, scientific or definitive study that can officially answer the question of penis size, but there is enough anecdotal and small study research to get a glimpse of what is probably true – especially when you add different sources together. So in this little article, I’m going to share three of them. One small study of 105 women that asked women “what was a good looking penis” found that out of eight characteristics — general cosmetic appearance, skin, glans shape, scrotum appearance, public hair appearance, length, girth, and urethral opening — length and girth were almost last (beat out only by the urethral opening). But that’s just 105 women. Solet’s turn to a larger survey. of 1,100 women by Cosmopolitan magazine surveyed 1,100 women about sex and 89% of the respondents said they weren’t concerned about their partner’s penis size. This is way above average, so this means that many women with partner’s having average or smaller than average penises weren’t concerned about it. Still, both studies are only about numbers, and words are far more revealing. Chrissy Stockholm of Thought Catalogue asked 50 real women (mostly in their 20s), “Does dick size matter?” and the responses she got support the stats above. Women, overall, just aren’t too concerned about penis size. Here’s what Chrissy’s respondents said: 1. Meryl, 28 “A super small/soft dick isn’t going to do anything but a huge dick hurts, usually, so like, it just needs to be normal sized/hard/he’s into it.” 2. Jennifer, 28 “It doesn’t matter to me as long as it isn’t too big or too small.” 3. Ali, 22 “I don’t want to be scared of it. Average is your friend.” 4. Ashley, 26 “It depends on a lot of factors — for me, it matters because I’m short so a dick that’s too big (read: long) definitely hurts in the “ow, you’re hitting my stomach” kind of way. But one that’s too small–you know, small enough to get lost in his pubic hair–doesn’t do anything for me (legit asked, ‘is it in?’). But essentially, it comes down to whether or not he knows how to use it…cliche, I know, but it’s the truth.” Related Article: Men: Here’s Your No-BS Guide to Lasting Longer in Bed 5. Eve, 28 “Yes, my ex had a very short one that was thick and it did nothing for me.” 6. Alex, 28 “My last boyfriend had a long but super skinny one, which was weird. I don’t think it matters in general.” 7. Tiffany, 27 “I honestly can’t really tell if it’s bigger or smaller than the last guy or what’s “average.” I mean I would notice if it was huge or tiny, I think, but that’s never happened to me. They all look pretty much the same and I think the difference is if a guy knows how to fuck.” 8. Lacey, 29 “It doesn’t matter as much as whether a guy is good in bed.” Related Article: Men: 3 Insanely Powerful Sex Exercises 9. Rachel, 26 “One guy was TOOOO big. It felt like someone trying to fit their entire body inside me. He was literally like if someone was like “here let me put this jar of tomato sauce inside you.” Jeez, I’d love to but NO I FUCKING PHYSICALLY CAN’T.” 10. Amy, 26 “Not unless it’s giant or tiny. I like the happy medium ;)” Read the other 40 responses here. Related Posts Tags: does size matter, featured, how big is the average penis, penis sizes, question of penis size search FAIR USE NOTICE. Many of the stories on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental issues, human rights, economic and political democracy, and issues of social justice. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law which contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’…you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. Conscious Life News assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms. Paid advertising on Conscious Life News may not represent the views and opinions of this website and its contributors. No endorsement of products and services advertised is either expressed or implied. Conscious Life News © 2015 Conscious Life News. All rights reserved. Log in – Real Men Open Up About Their Sexual Worries, Needs & Desires Men: Here Are 3 Sexercises She’ll Thank You For What Sex Scientists Know (And Have Yet to Learn) About Women’s Orgasms The New Sexual Man: Why the “Performance Model” Is on Its Way Out POPULAR COMMENTS LATEST TODAY WEEK MONTH ALL The Hunger Games, Its Real Meaning and Why the Message Must be Understood A Little Known Herbal Secret For Anxiety No One Is Talking About 7 Awesome Things About Your Clitoris You Should Know (Video) 6 Annoying Sex Problems Most Women Encounter (& How to Fix Them) Open Your Third Eye and Awaken Your Pineal Gland With These Simple Exercises (This Really Works!) 10 Natural Ways to Burn Belly Fat Journalist Dead and 3 More Arrested After Exposing Turkey Is Arming Syrian Extremists A Guy Rode His Bike Through Iran, And What He Saw Will Likely Surprise You… 7 Interesting Facts About Sex Drive & How Men and Women Compare 8 Ways to Pull Yourself Out of a Funk and Improve Your Mood

26. 212443109087662@facebook.com' Maria Cristina Evaristo says:

Size doesn’t really matter!!

27. 10206286392573610@facebook.com' Sherry Lane says:

to each their own

28. 853569408064150@facebook.com' Jay McFly says:

Show me a woman who says size doesn’t matter and I’ll show you a liar… Lol

29. 10206259134569937@facebook.com' Alice Dubois says:

Yes it does sry

30. 1651750771766413@facebook.com' Joanne Benzenhafer says:

Average wins this one. One man I was with was so big I just couldn’t do it and we broke up. Another was long but skinny and did absolutely nothing for me. A man who knows how to please a woman also knows it has little to do with their penis.

31. 10153595558796928@facebook.com' John M Schill says:

People jave different size penises? I had no idea, I totally just thought everyones was the same. Now I have to go measure…be right back….. well it turns out I got the shit end of the stick on this one.

32. 1532038710449631@facebook.com' Lynn Sims says:

Size does matter. Not the defining factor but it matters. Bigger does not necessarily mean its better though. Chemistry, know how, connection all play their parts and roles as well.

33. 1686997158250964@facebook.com' Michelle Rhoden says:

I wouldn’t say bigger is better .but the right size works for me!!

34. 10206979227233228@facebook.com' Sherry Hieronymus Raeder says:

No! I prefer small!!!

35. 1169420706405683@facebook.com' Whiskey Charlie says:

They said, if a girl likes a big penis, it means they have a loose vagina. I don’t know if its true or just a myth. LOL!

36. 1652669555016595@facebook.com' Ann Warke says:

No size is not a matter of concern, to me anyways

37. 1275663162450791@facebook.com' Nicole Martinez-King says:

Any woman who isn’t a virgin, that says size means nothing, has clearly never had experience with a really small one. That said, too big isn’t so enjoyable either. Average is perfect but like many said, if they don’t know how to use it, it’s kind of pointless. That can go both ways of course…the man isn’t the only one expected to bring it.

38. 1186627501352471@facebook.com' David Godfrey says:

This has nothing to do with a ‘conscious life’…. get back on track or watch your following deplete!

39. 460727204115622@facebook.com' Malose Mathobela says:

Even spaceship looks tiny un space….

40. 176561239363897@facebook.com' Ellison Loren says:

And this matters because? And who did these surveys? Real
    Women? No one asked me?

41. 1044009685609764@facebook.com' Christina Rodriguez says:

Yes….size matters…..big time

42. 974579552565454@facebook.com' Edward Tan says:

The size of the lie doesn’t matter.

43. 1682618588691782@facebook.com' Bilal Khan says:

Btw why this question is always directed at men. What about vagina size ???

44. 151580428530618@facebook.com' Joseph Lynnie Canada says:

If it is about penis size and the person is not satisfied with what you have, then they are just a size queen ho. 😉

45. 859649820821794@facebook.com' Kimberly Skimming says:

Big heart trumps big penis

46. 10208364273453389@facebook.com' Tom Pie says:

Pfff…bigget better for me.. my anus is endless

47. 10101578166284393@facebook.com' Toni Smith says:

Lil, miss Goldicocks. It’s gotta be just right.

48. 865255813582089@facebook.com' Dinah Briggs says:

No it is not.

49. 1476677569326289@facebook.com' Denise Monsegur Runs says:

Lol, couldn’t help but notice a many insecure men commented on this story … hey fellas, not being a jackass wins every time over penis size … being a insecure control freak with a bloated ego and no sense of humor is a huge turn off to women , contrary to what men think we are not visual like many men who embrace the superficial are ( judging us by our looks ), most of us women go for what a man has inside their hearts not the size of their package… but hey having a nice package in addition to a big heart is an added bonus …

50. 972625236123454@facebook.com' Erik Albert says:

Truth is, you cannot label sex. There is, in fact, no such things as ‘average’, ‘normal’ or ‘compromise’ in nature as such. Utter compatibiltiy, however, in body, mind and soul, may be a huge ‘let’s keep this thingy going’ for all those involved in a relationship.

51. 930705350340412@facebook.com' Jimmy Treacy says:

It’s not the size of the wand,it’s the magic that’s in it?!

52. 1156004197762996@facebook.com' Randy Hiatt says:

Too big is not good.

53. 1519441108369623@facebook.com' Melinda Will says:

Thank you! Holy heck this is a mans inability to realize that it DOES NOT MATTER!!!

Given, too small or too big both have there challenges, but it’s the chemistry between both people that’s more important then size.

Mike Will

54. 10153930526110312@facebook.com' Satta Talis says:

it’s strange how women are extremely size sensitive when it comes to talking about breast, hip, stomach and/or butt size, yet jump all over a penis size debate…

55. calvin63729@yahoo.com' Calvin Al says:

I’m a big and seems that every woman I had been with never wanted to broke up with me , and I have been told that I was the best

56. suziec@hotmail.com' suzie says:

I just don’t understand why men need to put a measuring tape next to their nobs? Get a life please