Integrated Learning Systems- Didactical Solution of 21st Century
As the name suggests itself, ILS are integrated hardware and software networks which are utilised for educational purposes for instructional content. This is a highly advanced tool which is often used by schools to organise their tasks in online mode. As the times are becoming virtually smart, solutions like ILS are highly in demand. Nowadays, online classes are replacing offline ones. But it doesn’t imply that the latter one is not an effective way. Of course, it is. The whole education system is an outcome of that. However, every time calls for a different approach. What was effective earlier may not be as effective now? Or maybe there are more straightforward and more advanced ways which can be implemented to create a better learning ecosystem for the students.
Education Leader Heidi-Hayes Jacobs, says “Teachers need to integrate technology seamlessly into the curriculum instead of viewing it as an add-on, an afterthought or an event.”
Since the current times are witnessing technological development at their peak, therefore pedagogy today, has to blend with what the present moment is offering. Online education is expected to rise at a rapid rate of 44% in the coming times. The technology of school management systems
will essentially be the foundational blocks of making it possible. Today, even the Government is rolling out initiatives to promote online schooling in forms of e-Pathshala, e-study materials and more. Private schools were already in the nascent stage of embracing the newness of the technology.
If we look just 5 to 6 years, smarts classes had already started encapsulating the classrooms. Undoubtedly, now the transformation is happening at a much faster rate. Also, the unexpected COVID 19 had somewhat propelled the education systems to enclasp the virtual schooling methods irrespective of someone’s whims or wishes. As now all they had was one choice, that is to sit back home and connect online only. So somewhere digital education has been catalysed due it. It is because of these reasons; there has been a sudden surge in the demand of Integrated Learning Systems.
Features of Integrated Learning Systems
- Common Interface for Multiple Platforms- Through ILS platforms provide a common interface for performing various activities. School is essentially an amalgamation of the following vertices-
By employing ILS systems, all their data is secured with utmost care and value for privacy. Parents are also able to see the performance of their child, improvement areas and more. Teachers are able to conduct classes with ease. They get access to all the information without any hassle. Students can attend lectures online. Not only that, they can keep up with the missed lectures or doubts by viewing the same lecture once again. This practice thus ensures maximum interaction. The attendance of students has been relatively higher as compared to offline classes.
- Self-Study Eased Out- In the virtual classes, the online lectures are recorded, and they can be viewed later-on as well. Students also receive the assignment or tests in online mode only. So even if a student encounters any doubt or question, they can revisit the lecture and grasp the topics quickly.
- Students Data Secured Online- There is a considerable amount of data which is to be secured and recorded. Something as common as attendance has to be maintained in school premises. With teh help of ILS technology, students’ data is recorded in the teacher’s dashboard. This helps in maintaining the confidentiality of the information.
- Paperless Administration Tasks- A school is full of administration work. There are tasks like fee transaction, admissions, Maintenance of the students’ documents, etcetera. These used to be a highly tedious task when dealt with in offline mode. There were chances of misplacement or inaccuracy. However, with the implementation of Integrated Learning Systems, all this work has been transported online. It has come as a respite to many.
- Analytics and Monitoring Tasks- Handling big data is not an easy task. However, with the implementations of ILS, a large amount of data is easily stored/preserved. It can be accessed whenever needed. Also, the teachers/administrative team can monitor each task with great ease.
- Easing the Learning Process for Specially Abled Students- Physical limitations cannot limit the true potential of a student. ILS solutions are also being incorporated to nurture students with visual impairment. Through this technology, the transcripts of the lectures can easily be converted into voice notes. Thus, it essentially helps the children to fasten their learning through the audio of the lectures.
The present ecosystem has to become technologically sound to be able to cater to a large set of student at the same time. As a result, it is found that students who are engaged more in the process of learning tend to pull off more achievement in the given time. When learning is made faster and easier, there is no question about it. Students are and will surely demonstrate exceptional capabilities in lesser time. With the implementation of ILD, not only the teachers but students themselves can monitor their performance. They can see the statistics of their own growth. This data gives them a clear picture of pain points and strong points. Only when a child sees herself/himself can they work towards their growth and development.
The Integrated Learning Systems for schools are illuminating a path of a different way of teaching altogether.