Your Cells Are Listening: How Talking To Your Body Can Help You Heal

Posted by on September 14, 2015 in Healing & Natural Remedies with 13 Comments

cells

By Therese Wade  MSc | Wake Up World

“Every part of your body has its own consciousness or its own soul.” These transformative words, spoken by indigenous medicine women, began my journey within to discover the extraordinary healing capacity of the human body.

When this perspective was introduced to me, I was suffering from a severe chronic pain disorder. I suddenly imagined incorporating this concept into my meditation routine. I thought: Can my body hear me? Can I talk to it to gain its cooperation in healing this condition?

That night, after reaching a state of deep calm through meditation, I inwardly engaged my body in a heartfelt conversation, with hope, but having no idea what to expect. After about one hour of this focused communication, something amazing happened. My tissues began to respond. Connective tissue pulled and stretched apart layers of scar tissue. Nerves fired and my calf muscles began to perform flexion and extension exercises independently of my conscious control. As this response continued, one of my calf muscles that had become paralyzed by the neuropathic condition — diagnosed as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy — came back to life as electric-like jolts shot through the area.

My heart pounded as I realized that the path to my freedom from this condition had finally begun. With a background in acupuncture and Oriental medicine, I knew too well how prevalent chronic pain is in this country and I wondered what the implications of this phenomenon could mean to so many others who were suffering. As I continued to make progress with my condition, I organized my approach into a system that I could teach to clients and shifted my professional focus to hypnotherapy.

When instructing my clients, I explain that a regular meditation practice is necessary to train the brain to enter alpha and theta brain wave states. While in these states, communication between the conscious mind and the physical body is dramatically enhanced. I have found that when communicating, there are three key steps to gaining the cooperation of the body:

• Approach your body with genuine compassion, understanding that it is made up of conscious cells who experience emotions.
  • Build trust by engaging your body in positive mental conversations about your desire for the two of you to cooperate and overcome the ailment.
  • Allow changes in the conversation by using different thoughts and words that elicit spontaneous elevated emotions.

From my experience, the above guidelines are necessary to achieve dynamic healing responses in the body. I recently came across a very similar set of factors that were discovered by researcher Cleve Backster, who spent 36 years studying biocommunication in plant, animal and human cells. He referred to these factors as real intent, attunement, and spontaneity.[1]

Related article: Study reveals how edible plants ‘talk’ to mammalian cells to promote healing.

Backster, formerly an interrogation specialist for the CIA, wrote about the defining moment which led him to his real work in this world, in his book Primary Perception. [2] This moment occurred one February morning in 1966 when he decided to monitor the Dracaena Fragrans plant in his lab utilizing polygraph equipment. He attached the electrodes to a leaf and began to think about ways that he might induce a surge in electrical activity in the plant. In humans this surge in electrical activity is associated with intense emotions. He suddenly imagined burning the electroded leaf. The same instant this idea entered his mind, the polygraph pen shot to the top of the chart showing an extreme reaction on the part of the plant. Amazed, he walked to his secretary’s desk to retrieve a set of matches while pondering the possibility that this plant was somehow detecting the force of human intention.

When he returned with the matches, the plant was still showing the same high level reaction which would interfere with tracking additional changes on the chart. Backster decided to “remove the threat” by returning the matches to the desk. At this point, the chart displayed a downward trend as the plant apparently began to calm down. [3] When Backster attempted to repeat the same results by pretending that he was going to burn the plant, there was no reaction. The plant seemed to sense the difference between real and artificial intent. He eventually discovered that plants become attuned to their primary care takers, responding to both their positive and negative emotions and to their return after being away for a time. [4] Chart findings also showed that plants prioritize the emotions of their primary care takers over the emotions of others nearby.

Backster later expanded his research to include testing human cells for signs of consciousness. He collected white blood cells from human donors, electroded them in a test tube and then recorded the cells’ reactions as the donors experienced different emotional states. He found that spontaneous emotions were necessary in order to elicit an electrical reaction in the cells. For instance, if a donor forced herself to feel an emotion, the cells would not respond. However, when she received a distressing phone call from her daughter, the cells reacted significantly.[5]

Read the rest of the article…

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. 975230605849010@facebook.com' Katy Bac says:

Link does not work

2. 10153308821276219@facebook.com' Anthony B Quinones says:

Bianca Michelle boo yah

3. 10206434966945822@facebook.com' Jeremy Hood-Daniel says:

404 Error … Page Not Found

I’m sorry, but the page you’re seeking does not exist. Perhaps you can find what you’re looking for below.

4. 10207852378204573@facebook.com' Usha Gupta says:

Tx for the info!

5. 894108490624765@facebook.com' Joey Phillips says:

We deal in Frequency Equivalents because everything is frequency and frequency is everything

6. 921972534516832@facebook.com' Kelly Crystal Toh Singapore says:

Yes!! Fully agreed..very interesting. Great +Good Sharing!! Million Thanks..Yes, Our Cells n DNA are Dynamic + Fully living & Environment /Energy Field/Nutrients Dependent Entities… to stay Healthy n well .Positive Environment/ Energy …are Highly Beneficial to Our Cells /DNA well-Beings!! We Need + Can Pray +Talk to them directly..To Command Healing to take place + Feel 4 yourself “Positive Response from them if u need Healing of Health Problem”…**By God’s Design** We have a DNA layer that has “Built-in Self Healing Capability” that listen + Response ….when we lovingly Engage + Command by Talking to Cells directly , Also important to do Prayers & allow God to help us channel “His Healing, loving Energy” to those parts that needs Healing + Restoration.God Bless!! For more Details…I highly recommend u to read up a book : “The Twelve Layers of DNA (An Esoteric study of the Mastery within”) by Kryon …Book Twelve.An interesting + impt book.Million Thanks!! Available at Amazon.com…God Bless n Loves u????????

7. 1121340691227257@facebook.com' Cynthia Latham says:

I hope so ?

8. 10207713946235398@facebook.com' Vincent Macina says:

Not surprising

9. 979499052089832@facebook.com' Angela Mumford says:

I like this idea and it seems to work…. I had a stroke that paralyzed the whole of my left side so I told it that if I could use my right side, then it could teach the left side to work as well…. It did… The only thing it did not learn was how to swim and I sunk like a stone until it got used to floating… Then it floated even when I wanted to just stand up! Sometimes you have to talk strongly to yourself!!!

10. 10206304923016137@facebook.com' Priscilla Dhillon says:

haha that is so weird, I talk to my body every now and then. I have no idea why, I think maybe I thought i could heal myself. I’ve never heard of this until now. Very interesting.

11. 1494672820854682@facebook.com' Karen McMurdock says:

This is really interesting, unfortunately when I click on the link, then proceed to click read more, my laptop starts to go crazy, “doing it’s own thing” 🙁 So I am not able to read all of it, dang! Suspended animation 😉

12. 10156024604865504@facebook.com' Innesa Burrola says: