Economy

The Most Valuable Skill that Nobody Teaches: How to Listen, with Tom Yorton

The Most Valuable Skill that Nobody Teaches: How to Listen, with Tom Yorton

Listening is critically important in life and paramount to good business. Tom Yorton explains how to listen and the value of working toward excellent listening skills, which is one of the key lessons he’s learned from working as an executive at Second City.

Continue Reading

A Global Financial Reset Is Coming: ‘A Deal Is Being Made Between All The Central Banks’

Written by on April 6, 2015 in Economy with 1 Comment
A Global Financial Reset Is Coming: ‘A Deal Is Being Made Between All The Central Banks’

If Neumeyer is right, and all the signs suggest his assessment is fairly accurate, then the recent strength of the U.S. dollar will be short-lived. Once deleveraging by governments and central banks has been completed they will unleash an economic, financial and monetary storm that will change the very fabric of the global order.

Continue Reading

Cheap ‘City’ Living: New Zealander’s Cute Tiny Space Costs Her $37 Per Month

Written by on April 3, 2015 in Economy, Tiny Homes & Frugal Living with 0 Comments
Cheap ‘City’ Living: New Zealander’s Cute Tiny Space Costs Her $37 Per Month

With house prices in Auckland City (New Zealand) going through the roof, 22 year old Lily Kemp decided to get a bit creative in order to escape the rent trap. For her, inspiration struck in the form of a vintage pop-top camper which she found on TradeMe (similar to ebay) for only $1,000.

Continue Reading

The Stock Market In 2015 Is Starting To Look Remarkably Similar To The Stock Market In 2008

Written by on April 1, 2015 in Economy with 3 Comments
The Stock Market In 2015 Is Starting To Look Remarkably Similar To The Stock Market In 2008

Are we watching a replay of the last financial crisis? Over the past six months, the price of oil has collapsed, the U.S. dollar has soared, and a whole bunch of other patterns that we witnessed just before the stock market crash of 2008 are repeating once again. But what we have not seen yet is the actual stock market crash. So will there be one this year?

Continue Reading

A Paradigm-Shattering Economic Solution Is Growing: The Peer-to-Peer Economy

Written by on March 29, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
A Paradigm-Shattering Economic Solution Is Growing: The Peer-to-Peer Economy

If the root of our economic problem is the tendency toward centralized, globalist bureaucracies (like the EU and the WTO and the IMF and the World Bank) why does anyone believe the solution will be centralized, globalist bureaucracies (like the BRICS Bank and the EEU and the AIIB)? Today we look at a truly paradigm-shattering civilization-wide change taking place right now that has the potential to undermine the status quo: the peer-to-peer economy.

Continue Reading

The Gap Between the Wealthiest 1% & the Other 99% Is Widening: WE MUST ACT

Written by on March 24, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
The Gap Between the Wealthiest 1% & the Other 99% Is Widening: WE MUST ACT

Activists from around the world will attend the World Social Forum in Tunis on March 25, determined to make the occasion a beacon for free speech, justice and equality. I am proud to join the leaders of Greenpeace, ActionAid, Civicus and the Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) in highlighting the urgent need to tackle the vested interests of the 1 percent, in order to build a better world for all of humanity.

Continue Reading

Russell Brand On Why Charities Can’t Solve The Worlds Problems (& How You CAN)

Written by on March 21, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
Russell Brand On Why Charities Can’t Solve The Worlds Problems (& How You CAN)

Russell Brand got in a lot of trouble recently when he made a few jokes about his participation in “Comic Relief.” The mainstream media twisted his remarks, cooked up some stories, and took some public jabs at him. And I’m glad they did, because when someone (or something like a big media organization) pokes at Russell, he always pokes back.

Continue Reading

How To Define Your Own Success

How To Define Your Own Success

Learn how to write your own definition of success instead of following the commonly advised “path”.

Continue Reading

Another Financial Crisis Is On Its Way

Written by on March 20, 2015 in Economy with 1 Comment
Another Financial Crisis Is On Its Way

Financial experts are beginning to predict that the next global economic crisis is brewing, and they are trying to warn as many people as possible.

Continue Reading

Et tu, Britain? United Kingdom to Join China in the Anti-Dollar Alliance

Written by on March 15, 2015 in Economy with 3 Comments
Et tu, Britain? United Kingdom to Join China in the Anti-Dollar Alliance

On March 12, the government of the United Kingdom announced that they would be applying to join the Chinese-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank… as a founding member. This is huge. Right now, the United States dominates the global financial system. But after years of endless wars, spying, debt, money printing, bailouts, and insane regulations, the rest of the world has had enough. And they’re looking for an alternative. China is coming up with an answer.

Continue Reading

Guess What Happened The Last Two Times The S&P 500 Was Up More Than 200% In Six Years?

Written by on March 12, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
Guess What Happened The Last Two Times The S&P 500 Was Up More Than 200% In Six Years?

On March 9th, 2009 the S&P 500 hit a low of 676.53. Since that day, it has risen more than 200 percent. As you will see below, there are only two other times within the last 100 years when the S&P 500 performed this well over a six-year time frame. In both instances, the end result was utter disaster.

Continue Reading

The 10 Habits of the Truly Frugal

Written by on March 2, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
The 10 Habits of the Truly Frugal

Daisy Luther  | Activist Post There’s a big movement towards frugality afoot these days. It probably has something to do with our declining economy, record unemployment levels, and the increasing price of food, but only the wisest families are paying attention to these things. The rest of the folks are blithely going on as they always […]

Continue Reading

Target Stores to ‘Double Down’ On Organic, Sustainable Items

Written by on March 1, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
Target Stores to ‘Double Down’ On Organic, Sustainable Items

Organic food sales are exploding. Target’s initiative is called ‘Made to Matter,’ and it will nearly double the number of sustainable and organic products it sells.

Continue Reading

TJ Maxx Copycats Walmart with Wage Hikes

Written by on February 26, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
TJ Maxx Copycats Walmart with Wage Hikes

Workers at Walmart, and now T.J. Maxx, will see wages rise to $10 an hour next year for those who have been there at least six months. TJX Companies said Wednesday that they would increase pay for their lowest-paid workers to $9 an hour in June.

Continue Reading

Guardian Angels Disappearing Student Debt

Written by on February 23, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
Guardian Angels Disappearing Student Debt

The idea behind Debt Collective, is simple: to create an organization—a labor union of sorts—that brings together people with massive student debt so that they can force change. In some ways, their debt has become an asset: “If you owe the bank thousands of dollars, then the bank owns you. But if you owe the bank millions, then you own the bank.”

Continue Reading

FAIR USE NOTICE. Many of the articles on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental issues, human rights, economic and political democracy, and issues of social justice. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law which contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use'...you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. And, if you are a copyright owner who wishes to have your content removed, let us know via the "Contact Us" link at the top of the site, and we will promptly remove it.

The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. Conscious Life News assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms.

Paid advertising on Conscious Life News may not represent the views and opinions of this website and its contributors. No endorsement of products and services advertised is either expressed or implied.
Top

Send this to a friend