7 Signs of an Emotionally Abusive Relationship (All Women MUST WATCH)

Posted by on September 20, 2016 in Conscious Living, Relationships & Sex with 13 Comments

Video Source: Sexy Confidence

In this video Adam LoDolce shares 7 signs that you are in an emotionally abusive relationship to help you know if you should get out. He argues that while emotionally abusive relationships are tolerated more than physically abusive ones, they may actually create more damage in the long run.

RELATED ARTICLE: Women: The Top 4 Reasons Men Pull Away & What You Can Do About It

LoDolce also points out what a healthy relationship looks like.

Here Are 7 Signs You're in an Emotionally Abusive Relationship

1. He continually puts you down and enjoys it. In a healthy relationship, your partner supports you and makes you feel better about yourself (and feels better about himself for making you feel better).

2. You're forced to put his needs ahead of your own and it's not reciprocated. In a healthy relationship, each person takes proper care of themselves and chooses to put the other first as well (and it's even because it's done reciprocally).

3. He makes you believe you're the problem in the relationship. A healthy relationship is based on both people taking responsibility for any problems and using teamwork to solve them.

4. He cheats on you and/or tries to make you jealous. In a healthy relationship… he doesn't.

5. He treats you more like a pet or a possession than a person (i.e., controls you). In a healthy relationship, he honors you autonomy.

6. He negatively compares you to others. In a healthy relationship, he makes you feel special.

7. You're afraid of him. In a healthy relationship, he's your soft place to land.

If you're in an abusive relationship, don't make excuses for your partner. Look at the situation clearly and leave so you can grow and create a partnership you love.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. ac@ac.com' AC says:

How nice, a sexist look at abuse. Of course women never engage in abusive behavior – physical or emotional.

• alun.cameron@hotmail.com' A.Cam says:

My wife was like that toward me, a mental health nurse that knew exactly what buttons to push and at what time. despite my attempts for ‘connection time’ with her I was stonewalled every time!. This goes both ways, I read about how men are blamed for this that and the next thing. . . The reality of it is that Women do it to us too. . .the shift in balance is too much toward women these days. . . Innocent men (I admit not all men are innocent, but the few that are) are being dragged through courts and whatnot because some women either do not get their own way and cry to courts/ judges etc or they cannot handle the commitment. I was completely 100% devoted, loving, caring, supportive, respectful (to name a few) toward my wife and her kids. The thanks I got in return was nothing!. . . She up and gone with no letter, no note, nothing, I came home from a 13 hour shift to a near empty house. . . and no reason as to why she up and gone with the kids. . . So It does happen to men as well. . . I ask for give and take please.

• admin@consciouslifenews.com' clnews says:

I understand and agree. SOME women (like SOME men) can also be emotionally abusive. I’ve experienced emotional abuse myself. I’m really sorry you experienced what you did. -Ross

2. ac@ac.com' AC says:

I know you moderate these posts so this will never get published, so I ask you, wtf? Why do you post sexist garbage? If there’s ever going to be true respect and equality for both sexes it will be because everybody is held to the same standard of behavior, gasp even women will have to behave themselves. Imagine that! What are you thinking? If you’re women, how can you indulge in sexist behavior, doesn’t that make you, oh, I don’t know, huge hypocrites? And men, are you doing this to be perceived as sensitive so you can get jobs or promotions or get laid or just liked by your feminist co-workers? Grow up. Cover female abuse of men. The gov’t has great statistics on it, it happens JUST AS FREQUENTLY as male abuse of females. You idiots are perpetuating cultural lies that are vary damaging to men and men’s rights. Grow up and get a clue, and have the courage to do what is right, not jump on the idiot feminazi bandwagon of whiners.

3. johnasinger@gmail.com' John says:

As a male I am offended by you hypocritical claim that all WOMEN must read this (to be aware of the presumed male abusers among us). Of the 7 items listed, one is moot for both of us–neither cheated on the other. Yet of the remaining six items, I am guilty of one item only–put downs, just as Lynda shares that trait and ALL OTHER REMAINING TRAITS OF BEING ABUSIVE. Female to male; not male to female. Lesson: Be a nice guy and you end up vulnerable to the mean and selfish women and their suk-U-dry and punt-U-away behaviors.

4. Hujadivi@gmail.com' Huja says:

All negative comments are trolls whose opinions and scripted bs is not being considered as truth. The feminine energy is back and this article is 100% true.

5. carolinegwen@yahoo.com' Caroline says:

Get an editor and do some homework, please.

6. Joe Puff Joe Puff says:

This can go the other way and happen to guys, too.

7. chingy_horse@vodafone.co.nz' Joe Sure says:

I guarantee that a lot of you men will recognise the way you are being treated.
    And to those of you that do recognise it get out of the abusive relationships.

I have been in a few relationships and seen many where the male is abused by the female.
    Strangely I have never witnessed a male being abusive towards a woman (other than a verbal argument where both parties were potty mouthed), except on TV.
    I have seen guys harassed by the police as I have been and even go to jail for being assaulted by their female partner and it nearly happened to me 3 times.
    I have even seen multiple instances of women intentionally injuring themselves to get me/their partner in the shit legally. Yet males will actively avoid seeking help or medical advice for injuries as they know they will probably be harassed by police. Such is our system, where there are multiple sets of laws for different groups.

I know my experience is no anomaly. One day people will start being honest about abuse. I have, you can too. Let’s educate instead of perpetuating crap that’s not true.