6 Big Things You Lose When You Awaken Spiritually (And WHY You Lose Them)

Written by on January 20, 2016 in Conscious Evolution, Conscious Living with 49 Comments

spiritual-awakening-compressed

By Luke Miller | Truth Theory

Spirituality is the foundations for good health. When you spiritually connect to that which is important to you magical and amazing things start to happen.

But while a lot of people seem to be getting into spirituality for personal gain and development, it is actually what you lose as a result of spiritual connection that has the most impact.

Related Article: Kindling the Divine Spark: The Secret to Awakening

I have to say that you will never completely lose the things I speak about in this article, and while they are quite negative, they are also natural feelings that come up from time to time.

We all have the same capacity to feel what any other person feels and act in ways any other person acts, what will make a difference in your life is the level of attention you project onto these areas.

A spiritual awakening is by no means the end; it in fact asks more questions than it answers. But when you reach that more enlightened state here are 6 things you will start to see a lot less of!

1) Hatred

You usually hate in others what you see a part of in yourself or what you want to see more of in yourself. A spiritual awakening helps you to hold up the mirror and see yourself stripped down to the bare bones.

There will always be people in the world who have characteristics which are unpleasant to you, but the people who are expressing these traits are doing so at their current level of mind and it is up to you if you want to allow that person to dominate your consciousness.

Spiritual connection helps you to show compassion for those who do you wrong and give you the ability to at least start the process of tolerance and forgiveness!

2) Jealousy

An awakened mind allows you to show admiration for those who do well and strive to follow in their footsteps. It also helps to remove any malicious or jealousy and appreciate the accomplishments of others.

When another person attains that which you desire, it is quite easy to feel envious, even if there are no bad intentions. Being spiritually awakened will help you to realise that we are all part of the same organism and another persons success is your success and when you see the accomplishments of others they can help motivate you to reach the same heights!

Related Article: 7 Toxic Beliefs to Let Go Of Right Now (If You Want to Be Happy)

3) Anxiety

Anxiety manifests as a result of living a life that you are not connected to. Your hobbies, your friends, your job and how you spend your time can contribute to that heavy feeling of anxiety.

Spirituality helps you connect to your true purpose and that which matters to you. When you spend your life living on your terms, fully connected to things that have importance to you, anxiety is a lot less prevalent.

Spirituality also helps you to relax, which is the complete opposite of anxiety.

4) Anger

Anger is usually a very unconscious type of behaviour. For example losing your temper, this is not a well thought out process.

Spirituality however is a very conscious process that teaches you to be present and in the moment. It also helps you to confront and deal with your problems, leaving you with less unresolved issues to be angry about.

5) Insecurity

It is hard to feel insecure, when you are deeply connected to your values and you know what you stand for.

Spirituality helps you connect with your identity and remove the layers which may have been left by following the wrong dreams, society, loved ones or any other influence you may have been in contact with.

It helps you to know yourself and when you truly know who you are, you are far less likely to go against you true nature, just so you can please other people!

Related Article: How To Deal With Your Fear of the Unknown

6) Fear Of Failure

This goes hand in hand with insecurity, because once you remove those layers of insecurity and actually know what you want from life you can relentlessly move towards your goals.

Your goals are supposed to be scary. If they are not then you might want to consider some bigger ones! And failing on the way to achieving what you want out of life is also normal.

But being spiritually connected helps you to not be afraid of being a failure, while accepting you will fail along the way.

It is easy to search for external answers in life, as it seems that the answers are just out there waiting to be found. The reality is that losing things or finding what already exists within you is the key to living a healthy, happy and balanced life!

Thanks for reading, let me know what you have lost as a result of your spiritual awakening by leaving me a comment below! And if you think anyone you know could benefit from reading this share it on social media, tag your friends or email it out!

THIS ARTICLE IS OFFERED UNDER CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE. IT’S OKAY TO REPUBLISH IT ANYWHERE AS LONG AS ATTRIBUTION BIO IS INCLUDED AND ALL LINKS REMAIN INTACT.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

My name is Luke Miller the author of this article and owner of Potential For Change. If you want to get my free eBook which blends psychology and spirituality to help you create more happiness in your life you can get it here.Grab a free copy of my free 33 Page Illustrated eBook- Psychology Meets Spirituality- Secrets To A Supercharged Life You Control

Read more great articles at Truth Theory.

1. 1690384254531431@facebook.com' Pinky Deb says:

God dhiyn mai looking our journrey sea ki under deep se eyes now close but open hoga 2 god blessing him us

2. 210238025988980@facebook.com' Cindy Roberts says:

Guilt

3. 951949844891336@facebook.com' Ramya Suresh says:

I lost myself to be born new…with a new vision.

4. 10208858250920466@facebook.com' Winnie Van Rooyen says:

Materialism

5. 179716419050389@facebook.com' Mya Mya says:

I have lost hatred jealousy anger gain happiness love

6. jeyarsasthadasan@gmail.com' J.Ramslingam says:

Being an Indian and hindu by birth, I feel your article is well written. Through varied experiences one gains in life spirtial upliftment can be attained one can become compassionate and bring cheer in the lives of fellow human beings

7. 1076895792329354@facebook.com' Heather Mac says:

Fear…

8. 352864714825499@facebook.com' Clinical Hypnotherapist Koo 临床催眠师 says:

Thanks for sharing

9. 1056609044382203@facebook.com' Rodney Barnett says:

i lost all my old friends! lol i wont miss em!

10. 206001013083069@facebook.com' Anthony Fiore says:

lost greed and ego

11. 560213290800241@facebook.com' Tommy Lam says:

Ricky Tong

12. 10101464568451107@facebook.com' Ricky Tong says:

Agreed

13. Stancildalvin@icloud.com' Dalvin says:

How does one find his true self

14. 903219503090523@facebook.com' Balvinder Uppal says:

Beautful☺️?

15. 786994831428183@facebook.com' Subash Kambalath Subran says:

We not lost but realize in a way

16. 10207676307325664@facebook.com' Sandhyaa Mahi says:

Thilak

17. 164446300590756@facebook.com' Nomawethu Reuben says:

What cn I do to reconnect with my spiritual side.and not loose hope.and also I want to be calm positive

18. 10153776670208288@facebook.com' Jay Cuza says:

Lost self. Gained self.

19. 495032530669280@facebook.com' Cindy Cacciola says:

Patience

20. 1213468565347458@facebook.com' Andrew Dube says:

Great post

21. 1521264181537059@facebook.com' Halfpintri Davies says:

Your lose not mine bye

22. So true. Grateful for this as life becomes so much more joyful and calm. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

23. 10153958462516424@facebook.com' Steve Da Shaman Karitzis says:

Lost everything gained even more!!

24. 1063493160337906@facebook.com' Memori Melaka says:

Judgement.

25. 956630704375043@facebook.com' Paul Clarke says:

all of the above mentioned

26. 989392237794657@facebook.com' Carmen Vega says:

Control of yesterday’s and tomorrow’s

27. 1012325278825394@facebook.com' Terri Shattuck says:

Lost trust . Found forgiveness & love.

28. 961159920636967@facebook.com' Barbara Spain says:

Going back.

29. 10207741955045796@facebook.com' Tom Steele says:

Lost my ex partner and daughter, nearly lost my sanity, and lost use of my manhood. Dont blame anyone, sure i am a nicer human being now, learnt loads about surviving trauma. Just wish the game / the media had waited til i opened my eye before publically violated me. i learnt the hard way about remote viewing, just pray its not to late for me. I came so close to entering the phase. I saw a silver cord, i also had an obe as a child. So im perfectly aware the phase is 100% real. I just cant access it. I feel like ive woken up, i feel love and forgiveness and feel so so aware of current global affairs but i cant see. I cant open my eye. And fear that trauma has caused my blindness. And now believe they wont ever let me meet my daughter until i somehow, without a teacher learn to see

30. 708571849279664@facebook.com' Keyette Wilson says:

Anger and impatience

31. 1171396596250661@facebook.com' Maria Garcia-Siñeriz says:

Lies one never loses. Masters lie to hide. They’re not as powerful are they

32. 10153781954287969@facebook.com' Deborah Lewis says:

I still deal with the anger of injustice…… really need to find a way to let this go……

33. Enlightenmentforschmucks@gmail.com' Kirstie says:

I don’t think in terms of clock time as much anymore, but instead I measure my life on how well I’m achieving my inner goals. So, I seem to have lost my ability to be on time!

34. 10153803587596405@facebook.com' Jasmin Mercier says:

Bruce Martel

35. 10207913643978522@facebook.com' พรเพ็ญ ลิขิตวิเศษกุล says:

I lost attachment .

Whether that attachment is .. to self, ego, grude, greed, anger, suffered, expectation, love, life, material possession, status, loved ones, not so loved ones, etc. 🙂

I’ve learned being attached to my own impermanant mind and beings is the stupidest thing of all.

Now, I’m loving and enjoying having human experiences 🙂

36. romm888@gmail.com' Rommel Maderal says:

Spiritual awakening & enlightenment removes stress,worry,fear,doubts & makes one to be a spiritually honest because it is a value.
    Spirituality gives one a choice between values.
    Spirituality makes one grow naturally.

37. 10153928745332704@facebook.com' Veronika de la Fuente says:

Lexii de la Fuente

38. 10207489756654553@facebook.com' Desirae Parker says:

Michelle Sclafani Tolson

39. 10206955950872188@facebook.com' Kevin J. Graham says:

Constant practice , best project you work on is yourself

40. 10153082371867647@facebook.com' Mitchell Bram says:

Alert: as long as you’re looking to “lose” these things, awakening spiritually is going to be very very hard. Then again, what do I know – I’m not awake yet.

41. 10153842320659687@facebook.com' Andreaux Scott says:

But then the Jihadists would say that they are very spiritual, nez pas?

42. 1642022129371478@facebook.com' Marcus Charles says:

This is a simple and practical path to awakening:

(Totally free and available for anyone. It takes diligent practice ; not just watching the video one time 😉