4 Ways Your Loved Ones in Spirit Are Trying to Connect with You

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

sunflower butterflyBy Melanie Jade Rummel | GaiamTV.com

Dealing with the death of a loved one can be difficult. As a medium who communicates with spirits, I know that the smallest message or sign from a loved one in spirit can mean the world. Your loved ones in spirit have several ways to get messages to you, but their messages are subtle, so you may overlook or discount them if you don’t know what to look for. Here are 4 common ways your loved ones in spirit may be trying to contact you:

Dreams

When your loved ones visit in a dream, it will feel peaceful and more real than a typical dream. Instead of just watching your dream like a movie, you’ll be able to control what you say and do.

My grandfather was a jazz drummer, and in one of my dreams, I suddenly realized I was hearing drums. Then, I saw my grandfather playing the drums and smiling at me. His eyes sparkled, and I felt filled with love and peace. He waved to me, and then I woke up.

It’s common to wake up after you’ve received a message from your loved ones, so if you suddenly wake up in the middle of the night, try to remember what you were dreaming about.

To make it easier for your loved ones to visit you in dreams, start paying attention to your dreams and writing them down. Have a notebook and pen by your bed, and let your loved ones know before you go to sleep that you’d like a visit from them.

Related Article: What Are Spirits?

Electricity

Electricity is easy for spirits to manipulate. Recently, my husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and we were thinking of our loved ones in spirit. Just as we clinked our champagne glasses in a toast, the lights near us started flickering. I knew our loved ones in spirit were joining our celebration!

When you’re thinking of your loved ones or celebrating a family event, watch out for lights flickering, a stereo suddenly turning on and playing a loved one’s favorite song, or phones or other electronics malfunctioning in ways that can’t be explained logically. It might be a little “hello” from your loved ones in spirit.

Signs

A million different events happen in your day, and none of them stand out to you. When a seemingly benign event suddenly grabs your attention and makes you question if it’s a sign from your loved one in spirit…it probably is.

Before my husband’s great aunt passed away, she told me that butterflies were her symbol of being free from the physical body. A few days after she passed, I was watching a television show where the main character had just given birth, and it stood out to me that the walls in the nursery were painted with butterflies. They named the baby Elle, which is short for Elizabeth. Mark’s great aunt’s name was Elizabeth, and I knew this was her way of saying hello to us.

Most signs are subtle. You probably won’t get a marching band coming to your house with a sign that reads, “Mom says hi!” It’s much more likely that when you’re thinking about your mother, a picture of her falls off the wall, somebody gives you a bouquet of her favorite flowers, or you stumble upon a card from her that you’d forgotten about. It may not be the specific sign you asked for, but if you suddenly wonder if it’s a sign and think of your loved one, it’s a sign.

READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE…

1. 1495710794084455@facebook.com' Zana Musliu says:

Ilir Halili another sign :)))

2. 10207715752954762@facebook.com' Jordan Durham says:

Allyson Hypes

3. 632566260216123@facebook.com' MD Shajib Uddin Jony says:

I think so…

4. 10205378417924573@facebook.com' Amy D. Rothschild says:

link did not work for some reason, is that a sign? Can you reply with another link to this? I tried a couple of times and it says page not found.

5. 10204707633240495@facebook.com' Lisa Hughmanick Alderman says:

Jeff Rounsville
    Something to look for:)

6. 10204707633240495@facebook.com' Lisa Hughmanick Alderman says:

Jeff Rounsville

7. 10200787503965477@facebook.com' Teresa Lourenço says:

404 Error … Page Not Found

8. 1160585170624379@facebook.com' Audrey Keeran says:

Seems hokie

9. 10154281235071632@facebook.com' Johnny Ruffo says:

Sara Consiglio

10. 10205281500372478@facebook.com' Janice Labbe says:

Mary Chambers Danielle Chambers-Conkle

11. abmaramba@yaho.com' Annie M. says:

I am aware that my departed son is always visiting me through various ways: dreams, memorable songs, butterflies at the most unexpected places, soft cool wind that touches my face and being able to see him in other people. Everyday is really a struggle after leaving us at an early age of 21, four years ago. I know he’s always with me, i can feel it, he never left his mommy.

12. 440101346191797@facebook.com' Allyson Hypes says:

Love this Jordan Durham

13. 10156014095275654@facebook.com' Julia Castagna says:

Dimitra P

14. 10153706077792859@facebook.com' Laillah Hainaut says:

Priscilla Audrey Ambrose this just popped up on my newsfeed and reminded me of you and that day x

15. 10207769007689307@facebook.com' Rosanna Kelly Hall Cedeno says:

16. 10206423276354888@facebook.com' Alyssa De Leonardis says:

Lyssa Marie <3

17. 10206986162925543@facebook.com' Becky Irwin Dorothy says:

Diana Bandjough

• 857546607661989@facebook.com' Diana Bandjough says:

Thank you so much, Becky, I read the entire article and it does help to know that others feel the same. You are truly a good friend and most appreciated. Love ya.

18. 710979519047036@facebook.com' Wilma Darlene Clifton says:

Billie Campbell Singleton

19. tawandapk@gmail.com' Tawanda Patrick says:

I found this piece very useful and informative. This last Saturday i visited a local market here in Harare, Zimbabwe, after several years, where we used buy (with my late maternal grandmother) stuff like tomatoes, onions, maize cobs etc for resale at our stall in our hood. Suddenly I was so overcame with emotion on how hard life was back then for her and myself and how she struggled to raise me after my mum remarried when I was only +/-12 months old. I couldn’t control my emotions as memories came rushing…especially memories of her. I drove off, crying for considerable distance. I just failed to control my emotions. Now I wonder what other motorists might have said about my crying. kkkkkkkk. Was this a form of connection? She passed away in 1989 and I miss her so very much.

20. 689641521172871@facebook.com' Jennifer Townsend says:

My sister is a medium clairvoyant etc
    I have experienced a lot in such a short time .. I get signs an messages all the time. They watch over everything .. Find the time to visit their resting place an talk with them. They hear you ., an most definitely want you to visit.
    My grandparents & ancestors have the shiniest cleanest marble cubby houses going. I try to maintain their headstones etc for 5 generations in same cemetery.
    Also speak to them through running water (shower)
    A girlfriends photo fell off my collage of photos cpl days ago ? our first contact since she passed. They also drop black feathers at the entrances to your house – so keep a look out !!
    An most important . They always let me know they are ok !! There is no heaven or hell … It’s the after-life !!!