Twenty Terrific Facts About Hemp_Featured_, Marijuana Thursday, September 20th, 2012
Hemp has been grown for over 10,000 years as food, medicine, and textiles. I have composed a list of terrific facts about this amazing plant we know as hemp!
2. The fiber from 1 acre of hemp (which matures in 100 days) is equivalent to 4 acres of trees (which take decades to mature).
3. Most of the bird seed sold in the U.S. has hemp seed in it
4. HEMP IS THE NUMBER ONE biomass producer on the planet. It produces ten tons per acre in about a four month period. It is a woody plant containing 77% cellulose (wood has 60% cellulose).
5. All products manufactured from hemp are biodegradable.
6. A hemp shirt in 1776 cost 50 cents to one dollar; a cotton shirt cost 100-200 dollars.
7. The first Bibles were made from hemp.
8. Vincent Van Gogh’s paintings were done on hemp canvas.
9. Hemp is an amazing medicine, treating disorders and diseases such as Crohn’s, Tourette’s, Parkinson’s, depression, bipolar, diabetes, cancer, asthma, heart disease, and many more.
10. Hemp fuel emits 80% less carbon dioxide than fossil fuels, and almost 100% less sulfur dioxide.
11. Hemp is 35% dietary fiber, the highest of all flour grains (and is gluten-free).
12. Hemp is mold-, mildew-, pest-, and insect-repellent.
13. Hemp fabric is UV resistant and will not break down in sunlight.
Read the full list: