By Tanaaz | Forever Conscious
One of the places that Spirit likes to show up is in photos. This is because the camera is able to capture things that most of us cannot see with our naked eye.
Spirit orbs can appear in photos as balls of light, however sometimes it can be difficult to tell whether it is a Spirit or just a dust particle.
In this article I am going to take you through the basics of Spirit Orbs, how to identify them and what they may mean.
What is a Spirit Orb?
Orbs appear as balls of light that are captured through your camera. Orbs can be Spirit Guides, Angels, nature Spirits, people who have passed on and even just psychic energy. Orbs can be a variety of colours and shapes.
Are all Orbs Spirits?
No, sometimes orbs can be dust particles, pollen, static and other airborne particles, however many people believe that any orb appearing in a photo is a Divine message.
How Can I tell the Difference Between Dust and Spirit Orbs?
In order to determine whether it is simply some dust or a Spirit, here are some tools you can use-
- Your intuitive senses– often our intuition is best at determining whether Spirit energy is present.
- The density of the orb– the brighter and more dense the orb appears, the more likely it is to be Spirit, the lighter and fuzzier the orb, the more likely it is to be a dust particle.
- Outer ring– Spirit orbs may have an outer ring or several rings within the orb.
- The colour– dust particles are usually just one colour, whereas Spirit orbs can appear as many colours.
- Use of flash– flash photography commonly captures dust particles that look like orbs.
There is no exact science to this, which is why your intuitive senses are going to be the most important when it comes to determining the nature of your orb.
What Does the Colour of my Orb Mean?
Lighter Coloured Orbs
Orbs that appear to be white, silver, yellowish or translucent in colour are generally considered to be Spirits that are trying to communicate with you. This could be Angel communication or even communication from a loved one who has crossed over. These orbs could also be a sign of protection from your deceased loved one. Lighter coloured orbs are generally considered very positive and a positive message from Spirit.
Green orbs may indicate nature spirits or even Angels or Spirit Guides that are very connected to nature. Green coloured orbs may also indicate healing- either a need to heal or that healing energy is present in that space or in your life.