Economy

Woman Builds 140′ Tiny Dream House for 40K & Lives Off Grid

Posted by on April 24, 2015 in Economy, Frugal Living with 0 Comments
Woman Builds 140′ Tiny Dream House for 40K & Lives Off Grid

California designer, Vina Lustado is quick to point out that her tiny house is not temporary, but her “forever” house. If she moves, it’s going with her. That is one of the great advantage of owing a tiny home. It’s mobile.

Continue Reading

Is a “Sharing Economy” the Key To a Brighter Future?

Posted by on April 17, 2015 in Economy, Frugal Living with 0 Comments
Is a “Sharing Economy” the Key To a Brighter Future?

Watch as Emily Castor talks about her experience diving into the “sharing economy” and how she feels it will ultimately benefit everyone.

Continue Reading

Couple Quits Their Day Jobs & Takes Their Tiny Home On Tour

Written by on April 15, 2015 in Economy, Frugal Living with 0 Comments
Couple Quits Their Day Jobs & Takes Their Tiny Home On Tour

Just a few years ago, Jenna Spesard and Guillaume Dutilh of Tiny House BIG Journey had a pretty common lifestyle. They both had regular jobs and resided in pretty typical homes. Jenna lived in a 2500 square foot home with roommates and Guillaume lived in a 1000 square foot apartment that he had all to himself. So it’s an understatement to say that their lifestyle changed radically when they both quit their jobs to build a tiny home on wheels and tour the U.S.

Continue Reading

Seattle CEO Slashes His Own Salary to Pay Employees $70,000 Minimum Wage

Posted by on April 15, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
Seattle CEO Slashes His Own Salary to Pay Employees $70,000 Minimum Wage

Three weeks ago, Dan Price took a $930,000 pay cut. Growing income inequality had been on his mind for months. But as he went for a hike with a friend one afternoon and listened to her describe her struggle with rising rent prices, he realized he had to do something for his own employees. So Price, the founder and CEO of Gravity Payments in Seattle, decided to raise the minimum salary at his 120-person payment processing company to $70,000.

Continue Reading

Fight for $15: On Worldwide Day of Action, Workers Demand Livable Wages

Posted by on April 15, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
Fight for $15: On Worldwide Day of Action, Workers Demand Livable Wages

Fight for $15—the movement calling for livable wages and union rights for low-income workers—launched a worldwide day of action on this morning with walkouts and rallies across the globe, spanning more than 200 cities in the U.S. and 35 countries.

Continue Reading

Could You Live In a (112′) Tiny House? Watch These People Try

Posted by on April 11, 2015 in Economy, Frugal Living with 0 Comments
Could You Live In a (112′) Tiny House? Watch These People Try

B.A. Norgard loans out her tiny 112 square foot house to some people so they can try on her little lifestyle. The experiment was only for a few hours and even so, it clearly wasn’t the right lifestyle choice for some.

Continue Reading

The World Is Actively Preparing To DITCH the Dollar – Bill Holter

Posted by on April 8, 2015 in Economy with 2 Comments
The World Is Actively Preparing To DITCH the Dollar – Bill Holter

There is mounting evidence that the world is actively preparing for economic life after the death of the Dollar. The facts are now quantifiable, and for those if us who are accustomed to this moment is history where the Dollar is still technically “the world’s reserve currency” and cheap imports fill big box stores, the truth of what’s occurring globally RIGHT NOW as discussed in this interview with Miles Franklin’s Bill Holter is startling

Continue Reading

A Global Financial Reset Is Coming: ‘A Deal Is Being Made Between All The Central Banks’

Posted by on April 6, 2015 in Economy with 1 Comment
A Global Financial Reset Is Coming: ‘A Deal Is Being Made Between All The Central Banks’

If Neumeyer is right, and all the signs suggest his assessment is fairly accurate, then the recent strength of the U.S. dollar will be short-lived. Once deleveraging by governments and central banks has been completed they will unleash an economic, financial and monetary storm that will change the very fabric of the global order.

Continue Reading

Cheap ‘City’ Living: New Zealander’s Cute Tiny Space Costs Her $37 Per Month

Posted by on April 3, 2015 in Economy, Frugal Living with 0 Comments
Cheap ‘City’ Living: New Zealander’s Cute Tiny Space Costs Her $37 Per Month

With house prices in Auckland City (New Zealand) going through the roof, 22 year old Lily Kemp decided to get a bit creative in order to escape the rent trap. For her, inspiration struck in the form of a vintage pop-top camper which she found on TradeMe (similar to ebay) for only $1,000.

Continue Reading

The Stock Market In 2015 Is Starting To Look Remarkably Similar To The Stock Market In 2008

Posted by on April 1, 2015 in Economy with 3 Comments
The Stock Market In 2015 Is Starting To Look Remarkably Similar To The Stock Market In 2008

Are we watching a replay of the last financial crisis? Over the past six months, the price of oil has collapsed, the U.S. dollar has soared, and a whole bunch of other patterns that we witnessed just before the stock market crash of 2008 are repeating once again. But what we have not seen yet is the actual stock market crash. So will there be one this year?

Continue Reading

A Paradigm-Shattering Economic Solution Is Growing: The Peer-to-Peer Economy

Posted by on March 29, 2015 in Economy, Videos with 0 Comments
A Paradigm-Shattering Economic Solution Is Growing: The Peer-to-Peer Economy

If the root of our economic problem is the tendency toward centralized, globalist bureaucracies (like the EU and the WTO and the IMF and the World Bank) why does anyone believe the solution will be centralized, globalist bureaucracies (like the BRICS Bank and the EEU and the AIIB)? Today we look at a truly paradigm-shattering civilization-wide change taking place right now that has the potential to undermine the status quo: the peer-to-peer economy.

Continue Reading

The Gap Between the Wealthiest 1% & the Other 99% Is Widening: WE MUST ACT

Posted by on March 24, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
The Gap Between the Wealthiest 1% & the Other 99% Is Widening: WE MUST ACT

Activists from around the world will attend the World Social Forum in Tunis on March 25, determined to make the occasion a beacon for free speech, justice and equality. I am proud to join the leaders of Greenpeace, ActionAid, Civicus and the Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) in highlighting the urgent need to tackle the vested interests of the 1 percent, in order to build a better world for all of humanity.

Continue Reading

Russell Brand On Why Charities Can’t Solve The Worlds Problems (& How You CAN)

Posted by on March 21, 2015 in Economy with 0 Comments
Russell Brand On Why Charities Can’t Solve The Worlds Problems (& How You CAN)

Russell Brand got in a lot of trouble recently when he made a few jokes about his participation in “Comic Relief.” The mainstream media twisted his remarks, cooked up some stories, and took some public jabs at him. And I’m glad they did, because when someone (or something like a big media organization) pokes at Russell, he always pokes back.

Continue Reading

Another Financial Crisis Is On Its Way

Posted by on March 20, 2015 in Economy with 1 Comment
Another Financial Crisis Is On Its Way

Financial experts are beginning to predict that the next global economic crisis is brewing, and they are trying to warn as many people as possible.

Continue Reading

Et tu, Britain? United Kingdom to Join China in the Anti-Dollar Alliance

Posted by on March 15, 2015 in Economy with 3 Comments
Et tu, Britain? United Kingdom to Join China in the Anti-Dollar Alliance

On March 12, the government of the United Kingdom announced that they would be applying to join the Chinese-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank… as a founding member. This is huge. Right now, the United States dominates the global financial system. But after years of endless wars, spying, debt, money printing, bailouts, and insane regulations, the rest of the world has had enough. And they’re looking for an alternative. China is coming up with an answer.

Continue Reading

Aquaponics 4 Idiots

FAIR USE NOTICE. Many of the stories on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental issues, human rights, economic and political democracy, and issues of social justice. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law which contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use'...you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. Conscious Life News assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms.

Paid advertising on Conscious Life News may not represent the views and opinions of this website and its contributors. No endorsement of products and services advertised is either expressed or implied.
Top