7 Types of Spirit Guides: Which of These Do You Have?

Posted by on February 27, 2017 in Reality's Edge, Spirits with 11 Comments

spirit guides - light beings

By Aletheia Luna | Loner Wolf

To many people, spirit guides are entities that we choose, or are helpers that are assigned to us before birth. To others, spirit guides represent parts of our unconscious minds that symbolically help us to find wholeness. And still, to other people, spirit guides are parts of our higher selves that manifest themselves to us in various shapes and forms.

No matter what you think of spirit guides, and no matter how “new age” or “down-to-earth” your understanding is, it is beyond doubt that we all need guidance, direction and support in life beyond our own capabilities, or those who surround us.

RELATED ARTICLE: 7 Things That Can Block Your Spirit Guides

Spirit guides, like many other elements of spirituality, have been heavily sullied, monetized and commercialized both on the internet and in real life, but despite the tarnishing of their value, spirit guides are nevertheless a shared human experience.

Spirit guides are often thought as spirits that guide us, but in my interpretation and experience with them, they are entities that guide our spirits to greater clarity, freedom, joy and peace.

If you are just beginning your journey of connecting with your spirit guide, I would recommend first learning about the many different types of guides that exist in our realm and the incorporeal one.

7 Types of Spirit Guides

Right now, it seems to be a common trend to believe that spirit guides are primarily animals or angelic beings – but this is only one small dimension of the many possibilities that exist out there.

Spirit guides, I believe, can have unlimited shapes and forms. A spirit guide could just as easily be a soft gust of air that makes the hairs on your arm stand up, as it could be a full blown godly being that you meet during a shamanic journey.

There are so many possibilities out there, and below I will break down the main “types,” “species” or forms of spirit guides which you might encounter on your path. Remember, you can have more than one, and most people often do!

1. Half Man Half Beast (Trans-Species)

Many spirit guides manifest themselves as half man/woman and half animal. Examples include: centaurs, fauns, harpys, mermaids, sphinxes, fairies and minotaurs. Many deities also appear as spirit guides, for instance, Anubis (jackal-headed Egyptian god), Ganesha (elephant-headed Indian god), Ra (falcon head, human body) etc. The first ever spirit guide that I personally made contact with was Pan, a half man half goat entity, who “revealed” to me my own personal shadow self and the need for me to embark on a journey of healing my core wounds.

2. Animals/Totems

Animals are well-known spirit guides and have gained a lot of popularity over the past few years, perhaps thanks to their accessibility in our everyday lives. Some ancient cultures, such as the indigenous Americans and Chinese had animals as sacred representations of their tribes or lineages. These days, animals come to represent and reflect a person’s own inner yearnings and needs, moving from group use to more personal and individual use in this day and age. I wrote an article on popular species of animal spirit guides here.

RELATED ARTICLE: How To Identify & Connect with Your Animal Spirit Guides (& What They Mean)

3. Light Beings

Many people describe “light beings” (also commonly known as guardian angels), as being their spirit guides. Light beings are said to particularly help people move through traumatic areas of life such as death, loss and grief. Light beings are called such because of their tendency to appear bright, glowing or full of light.

READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE…

RELATED ARTICLE: How to Talk to Your Spirit Guides (Video with Renowned Intuitive Alicia Power)

Tags: , , , , ,

1. kristy.perusha@gmail.com' Kristy Perusha says:

How could I find the answer(s)??!

2. ldhoward@sympatico.ca' Donna says:

How do I find out which animal or animals are my spirits?

3. kt03@myself.com' sur5r says:

Too many pop ups on your website.
    I already know I have be blessed with the Owl as a birth totem or power totem as some call it. The snowy owl comes to me in dreams and exchanges information that I have needed in short term future plans or agendas.
    I have learned many things from the Owl. And, I know there will be more things to understand when I am ready to recieve the visions.
    Great article, by the way.. thank you 🙂

4. scottanderson14@hotmail.co.uk' scott Anderson says:

one teacher,one guide… always at your side and that is god;possible of many manifestations but the one you find most comfort/fear in

5. Mary Gelua Mary Gelua says:

ung mga naka experience na ng mg astral projection/astral travel at kayong dalawa ang kilala koo na nakaranas. . naa you might want to know this ? ? John John Ivan James Quipia

6. Each and everyone of us have an animal spirit who is assign to guide and protect us. Until our death bed.

Other than that, we do have other beings of the spiritual animal kingdom and the members of the Council (angels and deities) that oversees our our progress and guides our growth.

Pretty much to sum it up: We have more than one guide with us.

7. Jesse Denham I no I tagg you in a lot of stuff haha but you have to read this please ! This is what makes sense to me

FAIR USE NOTICE. Many of the stories on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental issues, human rights, economic and political democracy, and issues of social justice. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law which contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use'...you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.