By Trinity | Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen
Health benefits of hemp seeds
(in a nutshell)
- Protein Power Super Star – Hemp is one of the most complete proteins in the plant food kingdom, containing ALL 21 known amino acids (the building blocks of protein). Protein is responsible for making neurotransmitters – the essential internal messaging service that sends the signals around your body to make it function. Hemp is well recognised as a super-food by those seeking a healthy protein source.
- Perfect balance of omega essential fatsHemp contains natures perfect ratio (3:1) of omega 3 to omega 6 essentially fatty acids – a unique accomplishment in the plant world. These compounds have been shown to have a particularly beneficial effect on our health.
- GLA (gamma linolenic acid)Hemp is an excellent source of GLA, which has been shown to help people with skin disorders, PMS, menopause, cancer, heart disease, arthritis and has good anti-inflammatory benefits.
- High fibre food (yes we really do spell fibre like that here in the UK!)Like most plant foods, hemp seeds are rich in soluble and un-soluble fibre. Fibre naturally keeps the colon clear and gives you a satiated feeling, whilst helping to reduces sugar cravings.
- High in antioxidantsHemp seed is high in the antioxidant vitamin E. It has also been found to contain tocopherol, which benefits both Alzheimer’s and atherosclerosis. Phytol is another powerful antioxidant from hemp seed, which has is known to have both antioxidant and anticancer properties.
Check out my full article for the incredible health benefits of hemp here:
39 of the BEST EVER recipes with hemp…
I LOVE hemp, so much that I’ve gathered together a wonderful list of 39 of the most delicious recipes that use either hemp seed, hemp protein powder or hemp oil below. You’ll find drinks, meals, salads, spreads, breakfasts listed. All are gluten-free and totally plant-based, for an extra infusion of high vibrational health.
Delicious Hemp Smoothies and Drinks
1. Mint Melon Peach Smoothie with hemp seeds by Vegan Yack Attack
2. Hemp Power Protein Smoothie with blueberries by Trinity from Trinity’s Kitchen
3. Homemade Hemp Milk (with strawberry & blackberry versions) by The Seasonal Diet
4. Green Superfood Smoothie with hemp protein, chia & maca by Trinity from Trinity’s Kitchen
5. Spiced Chocolate-Chaga Elixir with hemp by Emma from Coconuts & Berries
Amazing Hemp Inspired Meals
6. Hemp Falafel with Sunflower Seed Dip by Contentedness Cooking
7. BBQ Jackfruit Pizza with Hemp Seed Vegan ‘Cheddar’ by Ashley from Blissful Basil
8. Smoky Black Bean & Hemp Seed Burgers by Chrysta from Noshed
9. Cauliflower Hemp Burger by Sophia from Veggies Don’t Bite
10. Lemon Hemp Seed Pesto by Sophia from Veggies Don’t Bite
11. Hemp Alfredo Sauce by Ashley from Blissful Basil
Hemp Inspired Salads & Sides
12. How to make a delicious ‘Hemp & Parsley’ salad dressing by Trinity from Trinity’s Kitchen
13. Hemp Almond Parmesan by Sophia from Veggies Don’t Bite
14. Cabbage, Apple & Pomegranate Hemp Salad with Ginger-Almond Dressing by Emma from Coconuts & Berries
15. Millet and Hemp Seed Spread by Green Evi
16. Rainbow Kale Salad with hemp seeds by Angela at Eat Spin Run Repeat
17. Garlic, Dill & Hemp ‘Cheese’ (vegan) by Alissa at Connoisseurs Veg
18. Hemp Seeds Cannellini Beans & Greens by Nancy from Ordinary Vegan
19. Wild Garlic & Beet Salad with Hemp Dressing by Trinity from Trinity’s Kitchen
20. Hummus & Hemp Pita Pockets by Nancy from Ordinary vegan
21. Raw Thai-Inspired Summer Salad with hemp seeds by Ellen Jane at Cook It Kind
22. Tahini & Kale Protein Bowl with hemp seeds by Zuzana from Active Vegetarian
Healthy Hemp Breakfasts
23. Hemp Porridge by Jo from Including Cake!
24. No-bake Cherry Chocolate Granola with hemp by Veganocity
25. Happy Hemp Superfood Breakfast Bowl with maca & tahini by Trinity from Trinity’s Kitchen
26. Cherry Berry Quinoa Breakfast Bowl by Linda at Veganocity
Delicious Hemp Sweet Treats
27. Hemp & Almond Chocolate Bites by Jo from Including Cake!
28. Decadent Spicy Raw Carob Hemp Bites by Audrey from Unconventional Baker
19. Raw Protein Power Balls with hemp protein, cacao, chai and flax by Trinity from Trinity’s Kitchen
30. Crunchy Quinoa Cookies – Hemp Infused by Jo from Including Cake!
31. Carrot Cake Energy Bites with hemp by Veganocity
32. Chocolate Hemp Seed Butter from Strength & Sunshine
33. “Peanut Butter Amazeballs” with hemp seeds by A Virtual Vegan
34. Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites with hemp by Kelly from The Pretty Bee
35. Lime Cashew (or Hemp) Cookies by Zuzana from Active Vegetarian
36. Blueberry Pecan Cookies with hemp hearts by Jennifer from Veggie Inspired Journey
37. Cherry & Hemp Raw Brownies by Natalie from The Tofu Diaries
38. Healthy Power Vegan Gluten-free Muffins made with hemp hearts by Alisa from Go Dairy Free
39. And let’s go out celebrating with these delectable Superfood Energy Balls by Harriet Emily
Thanks for tuning in. If you like these recipes, please share the love by posting on your social media pages.
Do check out my article on the health benefits of hemp here: Why are health seeds beneficial for health?
Happy Healthful Eating