3-Minute Earth and Space Weather News January 25, 2013: Comet PANSTARRS_Featured_, Earth, Space, Videos, Weather Friday, January 25th, 2013
3-Minute Earth and Space Weather News for January 25, 2013:
- The Gulf Stream has weakened and changed form.
- In early March 2013, Comet C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS) will cross the orbit of Mercury and probably brighten to naked-eye visibility as it absorbs the heat of the nearby Sun.
- The Reventador volcano in Ecuador erupted last night.
- A 4.0 magnitude earthquake on the Nevada-California border last night was followed by a 4.5 quake early this morning in Texas.
- Cosmic ray density continues to climb – now at 101.
- A very weak CME impacted Earth
- There will be a full moon in two days.
Important Video: http://youtu.be/_yy3YJBOw_o
A Unlikely but Relevant Risk: The Solar Killshot: http://youtu.be/X0KJ_dxp170
Gulf Stream: http://rads.tudelft.nl/gulfstream/
GOES X-ray imager: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sxi/goes15/index.html
Reventador Plots: http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads…