3-Minute Earth and Space Weather News February 19, 2013: Solar Eruptions in Progress_Featured_, Earth, Space, Videos, Weather Tuesday, February 19th, 2013
3-Minute Earth and Space Weather News for February 19, 2013:
- Take a spin around Mercury
- Water found on the moon: it’s been there all along.
- A good article illustrating that Earth is experiencing climate extremes, not just global warming: Climate contradiction: Less snow, more blizzards
- There was a 6.1 magnitude earthquake off the coast of New Zealand’s Kermadec Islands
- More extreme hail in India damaging crops and human skulls.
- Authorities fear more buildings could topple into a sinkhole that has swallowed a two-story build in the flood-ravaged Queensland, Australia city of Bundaberg.
- Severe winter alerts in multiple regions across the US, including California.
- Cosmic ray density is in major decline.
- The Sun expelled a CME that may or may not clip Earth’s magnetic shield.
- At the time of that this video was made, additional solar eruptions were in progress.