By Zeenat | Positive Provocations
“Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” ~ Anne Frank
ON the occasion of Women’s Day I feel Empowered. I feel happy. I feel this is OUR time, to BE who we truly want to BE.
Women today are mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, empaths, nurturers, care-takers, revolutionaries, scientists, doctors, healers, astronauts, writers, historians, visionaries, poets….whoever they want to be.
Each woman wears many hats in just one single moment. Yet, she does it with such finesse, you would think she was born with such amazing abilities…and you would be right. She is born with amazing powers. A Woman is not just all those hats she wears, she is above all a CREATOR a creator of Positive Change. Whether she is a working girl or a homemaker, she CREATES Positive change is the most loving and subtle ways.
A Woman Nurtures the Life within her. She nurtures it despite all odds, brings it into this world, and molds this little life into one BIG beautiful life. This life then goes and touches all with its amazing love, only to then create another life. Such is the miracle of a Woman. She not only nurtures her children, but also all those other children she comes across. She gives and gives and gives…all so openly. Her heart is deeper than any ocean and bigger than any Universe.
Women of the world…the daughters, the mothers, the aunts, the wives, the grandmothers, the sisters, the soul sisters, the ultimate nurturers..get UP and embrace your inner awesomeness! It’s time to empower yourselves!
Empowered is a word that gets said way too much, even though many people do not understand exactly what it means. Women, often want to be known as empowered. As a woman in today’s world, I want to feel empowered too! The idea of being an empowered woman implies that you are in control of your life. There is a bit of feminism in this, but truly many women want to feel that they are empowered and in control of their lives. The question is how do you get there? What makes an empowered woman? If these are the questions that you have been asking yourself, then you will want to keep reading.
Every woman has the ability to take charge of her life with grace, strength, and confidence—including you. That’s right, the power to be happy and fulfilled lies in your own hands. So why not live the life of your dreams? It may be easier than you think.
10 Ways to Be an Empowered Woman
1) Get to Know Yourself:
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” ~ Jack Kerouac
An empowered woman knows who she is. Many women today feel as though they have lost themselves. Maybe they gave too much in a relationship that didn’t work out. Maybe they put too much time into work and not enough time into themselves. Maybe they feel lost in the challenges of motherhood. Regardless, many women need to spend some time getting to know themselves. Knowing yourself goes way beyond what you do or who you are. Knowing yourself means understanding your own strengths and weaknesses. Do you work best by yourself or on a team? Do you communicate well? Are you organized? Are you a leader? These are questions that the empowered woman knows the answers to, because the empowered woman understands who she is as a person.
2) Love and Take Care of Yourself:
“I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.” ~ Lucille Ball
You know, the airplane safety video says, “Put your own oxygen mask on first.” You can’t take care of others if you’re running out of air yourself. An empowered woman knows she NEEDs to take care of her needs, if she wants everything in her life to work in perfect harmony. Being empowered means you take care of you, your needs, your health and your heart. You exercise, you eat right, you meditate, you play, you laugh, you giggle. And above all, you know loving yourself is not self indulgent, infact its necessary for your own survival.
3) Own Your Happiness:
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” ~ Joseph Campbell
Your happiness is your own responsibility. An empowered woman knows, happiness comes from within and not from external sources. You might get down, have a bad day or be going through a tough time, but you know they are all external factors and can have no effect on your core happiness. Being empowered means you OWN your happiness and dont allow anything or anyone to create havoc within. You stand guard of your happiness, cause you know your sanity depends on it. Your bliss depends on it. When things are at ease on the inside, you know when to shift your perspective from the negative to the positive and everything falls into place eventually.
4) Keep Learning:
“The only real valuable thing is intuition.” ~ Albert Einstein
Never ever stop learning. Freeing and expanding your mind is one of the most imperative step toward empowering yourself, so educate yourself in any way you can. Even if you don’t have a formal education there are still plenty of ways to increase your knowledge on your own. Taking the initiative to teach yourself something new is one of the most empowering things you can do. Read books, go to the library or a bookstore, join a book club, or do research on the Internet. Why not sign up for a class that interests you? It can be as simple as knitting or as complex as physics. The point is to explore an area you have never explored before. Look for weekend workshops in your newspaper or drop by your local institutes to see what classes they have to offer. And if you are a busy mom with no time to take a class, check out an educational book from the library and read a few pages before bed each night. A smart woman is an empowered woman. Noone dare mess with thee 😉
5) Know What YOU Want:
“Go out and do something. It isn’t your room that’s a prison, it’s yourself.” ~ Sylvia Plath
An empowered woman knows what she wants. This means that she has goals and dreams for her life. They may or may not include marriage, a family, or rising up the career ladder. Regardless of what the goals are, the empowered woman knows what she wants out of life. This enables her to act in ways that will move her closer to these goals. If she has a goal of getting married, then she will date with that goal in mind. If she has a goal of advancing in her career, then she will work with the idea of earning an eventual promotion. No matter what the goals are, having them clearly mentally defined enables the empowered woman to go after what she wants. Are you going after what you want?
6) Be Independent:
“The dangers of life are infinite, and among them is safety.” ~ Goethe
When was the last time you left your house without your cell phone? Have you ever gone to a restaurant and had dinner all alone with just your awesome self for company? Being comfortable with who you are, and knowing that you are strong enough to face any situation on your own, is an empowering feeling. It doesn’t matter whether you have a partner or not. Enjoying YOU time energizes your spirit in countless ways. Don’t let not having a partner or special someone to share things with stop you from doing everything you want to do. Treat yourself to a movie or a weekend getaway for one. Make it a goal to try something new that you wouldn’t normally do alone. While you’re out there living it up you’ll be building confidence and increasing your chances of knowing yourself better.
7) Make Connections:
“To me, adventure has always been to me the connections and bounds you create with people when you’re there. And you can have that anywhere.” ~ Bear Grylls
An empowered woman makes deep connections, both personal and professional. This means that she knows people, but it goes deeper than that. The empowered woman has a network of people that she has relationships with and can count on. They may be business relationships or personal ones, but she knows that she can count on these people. The business relationships may be people she can count on to help with a project or give honest feedback. The personal relationships may be friends that she can rely on when she needs them. The connections that an empowered woman makes are with people whom she can help and who can inturn help her to become a better person.
8) Give Back:
“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” ~ Muhammad Ali
When you help others, you help yourself. Give back to the community in any way you can and you will be rewarded in more ways than one. Try volunteering one day a week for a program you really believe in. Find a charity you want to support, help with events around the holidays, or organize your own community program. Volunteering is not the only way to get involved with your community. Watching your neighbor’s kids or helping a friend in need is just as big a contribution. Giving back does not have to be a grand gesture. It’s as simple as saying good morning and holding the door for someone. Open your heart to others and they will open theirs to you. What a positively empowering act..right!
9) Dream Big:
“People who have let go of their dreams are sometimes eager to help you bury your own.” ~ Anonymous
Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams. No dream is too big or unobtainable. An empowered woman knows that she can accomplish anything she sets out to do, it is simply a matter of perseverance, believing in yourself, and following your heart. If you truly believe in your dreams you can make them happen. But in order to do this you must try. Consider making a vision board to illustrate and remind yourself of all the goals you would like to accomplish. Listen to your heart. It was put there to empower you.
10) Empower Others:
“As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” ~ Bill Gates
An empowered woman empowers others. This is maybe the most difficult but most rewarding of all. An empowered woman can encourage other women to strive for what they want. She doesn’t pull people down but instead helps them to discover their full potential. This enables her to contribute positively to the lives of other women that she knows.
41 Positive Quotes by 41 Empowered Women
1) “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey(Entrepreneur/Personality)
2) “Women have to harness their power – it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first no. And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.” – Cher (Actress/Singer)
3) “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” – Anne Sweeney (President of Walt Disney)
4) “We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change.” – Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook)
5) “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller (Author/Political Activist)
6) “I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds.” – Ellen DeGeneres (Comedian/Personality/Philanthropist)
7) “It is this belief in a power larger than myself and other than myself, which allows me to venture into the unknown and even the unknowable.”– Maya Angelou (Author/Poet/Educator)
8) “I don’t believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don’t judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.” – Angelina Jolie(Actress/Philanthropist)
9) “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely (Founder of Spanx – Worlds Youngest Female Billionaire)
10) “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn (Actress)
11) “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer (CEO of Yahoo)
12) “The fullness of Joy is to behold God in everything.” – Julian of Norwich (English anchoress, Christian mystic)
13) “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” –Michelle Obama (The First African-American 1st Lady)
14) “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson (Author)
15) “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa(Philanthropist/Charity Worker)